Historical records matching Captain Gaines Kingsbury
About Captain Gaines Kingsbury
- West Point, 1 July 1828-1 July 1832, Cadet, Class of 1832
- July 1832, appointed 3rd Lieut, served on the Black Hawk Expedition
- 1833, Frontier Duty, Jefferson Barracks, Mo- Fort Gibson
- 1833 Aug, Bvt. 2nd Lieut. 1st Dragoons
- 1834, Expedition to Tow-e-ash Villages, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- 1835 May, 2nd Lieut. 1st Dragoons, Expedition through the Rocky Mountains
- 1835, Colonel Henry Dodge Expedition, 1600 miles, from Leavenworth Kansas, 29 May 1835 to 16 Sept 1835, Up Missouri River, west on the Platte River, Down the Rocky Mountains and back east on the Arkansas River and back to Leavenworth.
- Meeting with native tribes and documenting.
- Lt Gaines P. Kingsbury wrote and maintained Colonels Dodge's Journal for a report to be published by the U.S.Congress in 1836.
- 1836 Recruiting Duty
- Oct 1836 Resigned from the US Army
- 1836 Appointed by President Andrew Jackson as commissioner of the Choctaw Nation