Matching family tree profiles for Edmund Neale
About Edmund Neale
Edmund Neale1 M, b. circa 1575, d. before 11 February 1610/11
- Father John Neale2 b. c 1550
- Mother Grace Butler2 b. c 1552
Edmund Neale was born circa 1575 at England.1 He married Elizabeth (-----) circa 1594.1 Edmund Neale died before 11 February 1610/11 at Northamptonshire, England.1 Family
- Elizabeth b. c 1580
- John Neale+3 b. c 1594, d. b 7 Jan 1644/45 [Burgess at Jamestown, VA]
- Grace (1) Neale+1 b. c 1603, d. b 2 Mar 1682/83 [m. Edward Waters and Obedience Robins]
- [S1955] C.R.V. 'Rob' Hall, , Ancestors of Thomas Hearn Fooks V, 9 Oct 2011, p. 58.
- [S1955] C.R.V. 'Rob' Hall, , Ancestors of Thomas Hearn Fooks V, 9 Oct 2011, p. 64.
- [S1955] C.R.V. 'Rob' Hall, , Ancestors of Thomas Hearn Fooks V, 9 Oct 2011, p. 59.
Rather curiously, the Visitations of Northamptonshire for 1618-19 acknowledged his existence, but not that of his wife or children, and the Herald taking notes assumed he died without offspring. Did he marry "beneath him" and the family refused to accept her? Or, since the family seems to have been staunch, if tacit, Catholics, did he run off with a Protestant girl? (Grace Neale had no problems with *two* Protestant husbands. Hmmm.)