view all 16
About Elizabeth Wriothesley
- 'Lady Elizabeth Wriothesley1
- 'F, #15291, d. 1680
- Last Edited=23 Sep 2010
- 'Lady Elizabeth Wriothesley was the daughter of Thomas Wriothesley, 4th Earl of Southampton and Rachel de Massue.1 She married Edward Noel, 1st Earl of Gainsborough, son of Baptist Noel, 3rd Viscount Campden and Hon. Hester Wotton, in May 1661.1 She died in 1680.2
- ' From May 1661, her married name became Noel.
- 'Children of Lady Elizabeth Wriothesley and Edward Noel, 1st Earl of Gainsborough
- 1.Lady Frances Noel+3 d. 29 Sep 1684
- 2.Lady Jane Noel+3 d. Sep 1733
- 3.Wriothesley Baptist Noel, 2nd Earl of Gainsborough+3 b. b 1665, d. 21 Sep 1690
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1503. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S3409] Caroline Maubois, "re: Penancoet Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 2 December 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Penancoet Family."
- 3.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 2, page 1504.
- Thomas WRIOTHESLEY (4º E. Southampton)
- Born: 10 Mar 1607, Little Shelford, Cambridgeshire, England
- Christened: 2 Apr 1607, Little Shelford, Cambridgeshire, England
- Acceded: 1624
- Died: 16 May 1667, Southampton House, Bloomsbury, Middlesex, England
- Buried: 18 Jun 1667, Titchfield, Hampshire, England
- Notes: The Complete Peerage vol.XIIpI,p.131-134.
- Father: Henry WRIOTHESLEY (3° E. Southampton)
- Mother: Elizabeth VERNON (C. Southampton)
- Married 1: Rachel De MASSUE 18 Aug 1634, Charenton, France
- '1. Elizabeth WRIOTHESLEY (C. Gainsborough) (m. Edward Noel, E. Gainsborough)
- 2. Rachel WRIOTHESLEY (B. Russell) (b. 1637 - d. 29 Sep 1723, Bloomsbury - bur. Chenies) (m. William Russell, B. Russell 31 Jul 1669 Titchfield, Hants)
- 3. Magdalene WRIOTHESLEY
- 4. Charles WRIOTHESLEY (b. 6 Jun 1636 - d. BEF 20 Nov 1635)
- 5. Henry WRIOTHESLEY (b. 31 Oct 1638, Southampton House, Bloomsbury, Middlesex, England - d. ABT 1643, Paris, Seine, France - bur. Charenton, France)
- Married 2: Elizabeth LEIGH (dau. of Francis Leigh, 1° E. Chichester, and Audrey Butler) 24 Apr 1642
- 6. Audrey WRIOTHESLEY
- 7. Penelope WRIOTHESLEY
- 8. Elizabeth WRIOTHESLEY
- 9. Penelope WRIOTHESLEY
- Married 3: Frances SEYMOUR (C. Southampton) 1659
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/WRIOTHESLEY.htm#Thomas WRIOTHESLEY (4º E. Southampton)