Matching family tree profiles for Esther Tallman
About Esther Tallman
- Historical and genealogical miscellany; data relating to the settlement and settlers of New York and New Jersey (1903) Vol. V
- The Tallmans of New Jersey are represented by several branches of the name having a common ancestor in Peter Tallman, I,who settled in Newport and Portsmouth, Rhode Island, where he died in 1708. Concerning him and his immediate issue, F. O. Austin supplies the following data: .....
- 1708. The inventory of his estate was presented by his son James Tallman.
- 1709, May 3. Administration having been given to Jonathan Tallman, he took acquittances, at this date, from his brothers and sisters, William Wilbur, Israel Shaw, Jonathan Tallman, James Tallman, Benjamin Tallman, Mary Pearce, Susanna Beckett, Peter Tallman, Isaac Lawton, William Potter, John Tallman, Joseph Tallman and Samuel Tallman.
- Peter Tallman, Sr., married, first, Ann ___ ; second, 1665, Joan Briggs, who died about 1685; third, about 1686, 'Esther ___ who died before 1708'. Issue
- 2 Mary Tallman married John Pearce
- 3 Elizabeth Tallman married Isaac Lawton
- 4 Peter Tallman born Mch. 22, 1658, (son by first wife), a physician, married Anne Walstone.
- 5 Anne Tallman married Stephen Brayton
- 6 Joseph Tallman
- 7 Susanna Tallman married Mr. Beckett
- 8 Daughter married William Wilbur
- 9 Jonathan Tallman married Sarah ___ .
- 10 James Tallman, ancestor of the Shrewsbury, New Jersey, family.
- 1 1 Daughter married William Potter
- 12 John Tallman married Mary ___ ; settled at Flushing, Long Island; ancestor of the Burlington County, New Jersey, family.
- 13 Daughter married Israel Shaw
- 14 Benjamin Tallman (son by second wife).
- 15 Samuel Tallman ('son by third wife').
- Concerning these children Austin contributes considerable information and mentions ninety-two of their children. But we are only interested in following James Tallman, 10, and John Tallman, 12, and their progeny.
- 'Henry Howland Crapo. Certain comeoverers. (page 12 of 22)
- ' PETER TALLMAN
- Came over 1648
- Golden Dolphin
- Israel Shaw, the son of Anthony Shaw and Alice Stonard, was born in 1660. He was alive in 1710, and how long after that date he lived I know not. He lived in Little Compton. In 1689 he married a daughter of Peter Tallman. They
- had a daughter, Elizabeth, born in 1706. I have found no record that clearly proves that this Elizabeth Shaw was the same Elizabeth Shaw who married Nathan Chase ....
- .... It has been stated, on what authority I know not, that Peter Tallman was Dutch and that he came over in 1648 in the ship Golden Dolphin to New York, .... He lived, however, until 1708.
- Peter Tallman's married career was varied. From his first wife, Ann, he was granted a divorce by the General Assembly. In 1665 he married Joan Briggs of Taunton. The antenuptial agreement between Peter and Joan and the deeds by which it was confirmed are set forth in full in the Portsmouth town records. The documents are elaborately and excellently written, and indicate a very liberal settlement on the bride. She bore him several children, of whom your ancestress is listed as the twelfth, and there were still others. Joan died in 1685 and in '1686 Peter married for the third time one Esther'.
- 'Peter Tallman
- M, b. 20 February 1623, d. 1708
- Peter Tallman was born on 20 February 1623 at Hamburg, Germany. He married Ann Hill, daughter of Phillip Hill and Ann (?), on 2 January 1649 at Christ Church, Barbados. Peter Tallman immigrated in 1649; To Barbados, 1647, then from Barbados to Portsmouth, Rhode Island about 1649, with first wife Ann Hill. He and Ann Hill were divorced in 1665; Adultery, complaint that she had a child by another man. Peter Tallman married Joan Briggs, daughter of Samuel Briggs, on 24 July 1665 at Portsmouth, Newport Co., RI. 'Peter Tallman married Esther (?) circa 1686 at Portsmouth, Newport Co., RI'. Note: Deposition of Joseph Sheffield regarding a declaration made by Peter Tallman of Portsmouth on 13 March, 1702/3:
- "Joseph Sheffield, one of Her Majesty's Assistants, testified that being in the house of Peter Tallman in Portsmouth March 13, 1702/3, Peter declared:
- 'I am now 80 years of age and in the year 1647 I came from Hambrough to the Island of Barbados, and within two years after my arrival I married with Ann Hill the daughter of Phillip Hill and Ann his wife,' and he was married in Christ Church in said Island, and after seven or eight months after his marriage the said Tallman moved from the Island of Barbados to Rhode Island bringing with him his wife and wife's brother called Robert Hill, as likewise his wife's mother ... and further said Tallman declared to me the said deponent that the Peter Tallman whose habitation is now at Guildford in the County of New Haven in Connecticut is eldest lawfull son of said Peter Tallman." Peter Tallman died in 1708 at Portsmouth, Newport Co., RI.
- Children of Peter Tallman and Ann Hill
- Mary Tallman b. c 1651, d. 1720
- Elizabeth Tallman+ b. c 1654, d. 20 May 1701
- Ann Tallman+ b. c 1656, d. 1732
- Peter Tallman+ b. 22 Mar 1658, d. 6 Jul 1726
- Joseph Tallman b. c 1660, d. a 3 May 1709
- Susannah Tallman b. c 1662
- Sarah Tallman b. 1664, d. 1732
- Children of Peter Tallman and Joan Briggs
- Jonathan Tallman b. 1666, d. 1782
- Mercy Ruth Tallman b. 1666
- James Tallman+ b. c 1668, d. 1724
- John Tallman b. 1672, d. bt 1707 - 1709
- Ruth Tallman b. 1674
- Peter Tallman b. c 1676
- Nathaniel Tallman b. 1680
- Benjamin Tallman+ b. 28 Jun 1684, d. 20 May 1759
- Mary Tallman b. c 1686
- 'Children of Peter Tallman and Esther (?)
- Samuel Tallman b. 14 Jan 1687/88
- Joseph Tallman b. 1691
- Peter Tallman (1623 - 1708) was originally from Hamburg, Germany. He settled first about 1647 at Barbados, where he married his first wife Ann Hill, then in 1649 relocated to Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Peter and Ann were divorced in 1665 based on alleged infidelity of Ann, producing a child by another man. Peter Tallman then married Joan Briggs in July, 1665. Our descent is from Peter and Joan's son Benjamin (1684 - 1759) and his wife Patience Durfee, via their son William, born in Rhode Island, who married Anne Lincoln and lived at Reading in Berks County, Pennsylvania. Of eleven children born to William and Anne Lincoln Tallman, only Benjamin lived to adulthood, to marry and have children of his own. Ben Tallman married Dinah Boone, daughter of Benjamin and Susannah (Liken) Boone in 1764 in Berks County.
- Photos of:
- The Tallman cemetery, on top of a hill in rural Pickaway County, Ohio
- headstone for Benjamin and Dinah (Boone) Tallman
Esther (Mars) Tallman (1640 - abt. 1708)
Esther Tallman formerly Mars Born 1640 in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island, USAmap Daughter of [father unknown] and [mother unknown] [sibling(s) unknown] Wife of Peter Tallman — married 1686 in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island, USAmap Mother of Samuel Tallman Died about 1708 in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island, USAmap Profile manager: Cindy Barnett private message [send private message] Last modified 17 July 2016. 16 July 2016 21:56: Cindy (Ramsey) Barnett edited the Biography for Esther (Mars) Tallman. [Thank Cindy for this]
[hide] 1 Biography 1.1 Name 1.2 Birth 1.3 Death 1.4 Event 1.5 Marriage 2 Sources 2.1 Acknowledgements Biography
Esther was born about 1640 and died in 1708. She was apparently the third wife of Peter Tallman. Name
Name: Esther Mars Birth
Birth Date: 1640 Place: Portsmouth, Newport Co, RI Death
Death Date: 1708 Place: Portsmouth, Newport Co, RI Event
Event Type: Alt. Birth Date: Abt 1635 Event Type: Alt. Birth Date: Abt 1640 Place: Portsmouth, Newport Co, RI Event Type: Alt. Death Date: 1708 Marriage
Marriage Date: Abt 1686 Place: Portsmouth, Newport Co, RI Event Type: Alt. Marriage Date: 1686 Event Type: Alt. Marriage Date: 1686 Place: Rhode Island, USA Sources
Source: S30 Media: Electronic Title: WorldTree Database: "Thomas, Wilbur and Courser Families" Author: Roger Courser Publication: May 3, 2004; Ancestry.com Repository: #R14 Repository: R14 Name: http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=rogerd2527 Source: S31 Media: Electronic Title: Descendants of Jeremiah Tallman, dated 15 Dec 2003.GED Author: Russell E. Tallman <email@example.com> Publication: December 15, 2003 Source: S32 Media: Book Title: English Origins of New England Families Author: Gary Boyd Roberts Publication: Baltimore, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1984 Source: S38 Media: Electronic Title: Descendants of Peter Tallman Author: David Kew <firstname.lastname@example.org> Repository: #R17 Repository: R17 Name: http://capecodhistory.us/genealogy/Tallman.pdf Source: S4 Media: Book Title: Talman/Tallman Families Author: Herbert S. Ackerman Publication: 1953; Reprint of original book, loaned from the Bergen County Historical Society. Note: Film Number 442407, Ref # 21494. Source: S52 Title: "WorldConnect Database: "Black/NobleCT"," database, RootsWeb.com Author: Julie Barrows [email@example.com] Publication: (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=blackandnob : 10 September 2009) Source: S54 Title: "U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700," database, Ancestry.com Source: S6 Media: Electronic Database Title: WorldTree Database: "The Ancestral File of Allen Donald Tallman" Author: Allen Donald Tallman <firstname.lastname@example.org> Publication: 3 May 2004; Ancestry.com Source quality: Excellent Repository: #R2 Repository: R2 Name: http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=atallmen Source: S8 Media: Gedcom File Title: Peter Tallman GEDCOM Author: David Cornell <email@example.com> Publication: 9 February 2007 Note: Received a GEDCOM file, from David Cornell, containing the "Descendants of Peter Tallman". Acknowledgements
Mars-113 was created by Tom Greene through the import of wikisnodgrass1.ged on Apr 23, 2015. This profile was adopted and edited Ramsey-1224 21:56, 16 July 2016 (EDT)
Esther Tallman's Timeline
Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island
January 14, 1687
<Of, Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island>
Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island, United States