Gebhard - Gerhard von Konstanz von Zähringen, Bischof
Son of Berthold I der Bärtige, Herzog von Kärnten and Richwara Rixa of von Schwaben
|Occupation:||Bishop of Konstanz|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Gebhard III. von Zähringen, Bischof von Konstanz
About Gebhard III. von Zähringen, Bischof von Konstanz
P.Litta: Famiglie Celebri Italiane, Vol. Supplement5, tab. . Milano, 19?? A.de Ceballos-Escalera Gila: La Casa del Augusto Senor Conde de Barcelona. Cuadernos de Ayala, No.16, 2003
GEBHARD (-12 Nov 1110).
- Great grandfather: LANCELIN, son of LANZELIN Graf von Altenburg & his wife Lütgard von Nellenburg (-after 1027). ... same person as…? LANDOLT (-after 992).
- Grandfather: BEZZELIN [Bertilo] (-15 Jul ). m [LIUTGARD], daughter of ---, patruus of EBERHARD [IV] "dem Seligen" Graf von Nellenburg.
- Father: BERTHOLD (-Limburg 5/6 Nov 1078, bur Hirsau). m firstly RICHWARA, daughter of --- (-before ). According to Wegener, she was Richwara of Swabia, daughter of Hermann IV Duke of Swabia [Babenberg] & his wife Adelaida di Susa. However, this seems unlikely from a chronological point of view. Richwara gave birth to five children, presumably between [1045/55], so is unlikely to have been born later than 1030, when her supposed father was only 15 years old and her supposed mother about 10.
GEBHARD (-12 Nov 1110). The Genealogia Zaringorum names "Gebehardo Constantiensi episcopo" as brother of "Berchtoldus". The Zwiefaltensis Chronicon names "Gebehardum Constantensem episcopum, Bertolfi ducis germanum" when recording his death "II Id Nov 1110". The Casus Monasterii Petrishusensis names "Gebehardus vir nobilissimus frater Bertholdi ducis de Zaringin" specifying that he was "prepositus apud Xantum". Provost at Xanten. Monk at Hirsau before 1084. Bishop of Konstanz 1084-1110. Papal legate in Germany 1099-1107.
- i) HERMANN ([1045/48]-Cluny 26 Apr 1074). ...Marchese di Verona... m JUDITH von Calw, daughter of [HESSO] II Graf im Sülchgau Herr von Backnang & his wife --- (-Salerno 27 Sep 1091, bur Backnang).
- ii) BERTHOLD (-12 Apr 1111, bur St Peter in Schwarzwald).
- iv) RICHINZA von Spitzenburg (bur Schaffhausen Allerheiligen). ... m firstly --- von Frickingen . m secondly LUDWIG von Sigmaringen [Helfenstein] (-before 1092).
- v) LIUTGARDE (-18 Mar ). ... m firstly DIEPOLD [II] von Giengen Markgraf im Nordgau, son of DIETPOLD [I] Graf [von Cham] [Ratpotonen] & his wife --- (-killed in battle near Wellrichstadt 7 Aug 1078). m secondly ERNST von Grögling Graf von Ottenburg, son of [HARTWICH [II] Graf an der unteren Ampar & his wife Avisa ---] (-12 Jan [1096/97]).