Hannah Butler (Gifford)
|Also Known As:||"Jones"|
|Birthplace:||Falmouth, Barnstable County, Province of Massachusetts|
Daughter of William Gifford and Hannah Gifford
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Hannah Butler
- 'Gifford genealogy, 1626-1896; (1896)
- William Gifford owned land in Massachusettss, Rhode Island and Connecticut. His Massachusetts possessions consisted of lands in Sandwich, Falmouth and Dartmouth. The facsimile of deed accompanying this volume represents a 40-acre parcel purchased of a Suckanessett (Falmouth) Indian named Job Attukkoo, July 24, 1673.
- He gave by will to his sons Jonathan and James lands in Falmouth, Mass. He also deeded to his sons Robert and Christopher, lands in Dartmouth, Mass., both of whom erected homesteads upon their estates. Robert continued to live in Dartmouth while Christopher moved later to Little Compton, R. I. Both have many descendants now living in southern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- William probably deeded his Connecticut lands to his son John who gave by will 100 acres in the Colony of Connecticut to his son Samuel and 200 acres to his grandsons.
- The descendants of William are here given as the Massachusetts branch.
- MASSACHUSETTS BRANCH.
- 1 William Gifford, d. 9 Apr. 1687: m. 1st ___ . Lived Sand. 1650. had
- 3 iii William d. 1738.
- 3 William Gifford, Jr., m. 1st ___ . had
- i Gideon b. 6 Oct. 1676. (All children b. in Falmouth.)
- 13 ii Gershom b. June, 1679.
- iii Seth b. 17 JIar. 1681.
- iv Experience b. 7 Oct. 1685 : m. John Wing of Roch. 23 May 1710.
- v Jabez b. 7 Feb. 1686.
- vi Mehitable b. 7 July 1689.
- 14 vii Justice b. 12 Oct. 1691.
- viii Mary b. 25 May 1694.
- ' ix Hannah b. 24 Oct.1696: m. Obediah Butler 14 Sept. 1732: his 2d w. had ....
- 15 x William b. 16 Feb. 1699.
- xi Temperance b. 17 Dec. 1710.
- [3 William] m. 2d Lydia Hatch 21 June 1711. had
- xii Amy b. 5 Aug. 1713 ; m. Humphry Harrison of Sand. 25 Oct. 1733.
- 16 xiii Silas b. 30 June 1715.
- 17 xiv Nathan b. 25 Jan. 1717.
- 18 xv Meltiah b. 4 May 1719: d. 1783.
- xvi Sarah b. 17 Sept. 1725.
- 19 xvii Joseph b. 28 July 1728.
- xviii Grace.
- xix Phear.
- xx Robinson.
- xxi Lydia.
- xxil Roland.
- xxiii Mercy.