About Lauchlin McIntosh of Dalmunzie, Min. of Errol
"Lauchlin McIntosh of Dalmunzie, only son of John M. of Dalmunzie ; educated at Univ. of St Andrews ; M.A. (3rd May 1710); licen. by Presb. of Dunkeld 16th March 1714 ; ord. to Dunning 3rd Oct. 1716; called 24th April 1722; repeated 10th Oct. 1724 by the Presb. jure devoluto ; trans, and adm. 17th Feb. 1725 ; was sent to London, with John Willison of Dundee and James Gordon of Alford, by Commission of Assembly in 1734 to solicit the King and Parliament for repeal of the Act of Queen Anne restoring patronage ; elected Moderator of General Assembly 13th May 1736. While attending the Assembly of 1743 (of which he declined nomination a second time as Moderator) he was seized with an epidemic then raging in Edinburgh, from the effects of which he died, 13th May 1744, aged about 54. He marr.
(1) cont., 21st Oct. 1713, Margaret, daugh. of John Murray, min. of Trinity-Gask, and had issue —
- John, bapt. 3rd July 1717, died young
- Margaret, bapt. 24th Aug. 1718
- Robert, bapt. 20th March 1720, died young
- Isobel, bapt. 4th July 1721
- Elizabeth, bapt. 23rd Dec. 1722
- Mary, bapt. 18th June 1724
(2) Margaret (died at St Andrews, 17th Feb. 1770), daugh. of Alexander Anderson, min. of St Andrews, widow of Laurence Watson, min. of Second Charge, St Andrews, and had issue —
- John of Dalmunzie, merchant in London, bapt. 17th July 1726, died in 1790
- Robert of Ashintully, advocate, bapt. 6th Aug. 1727, died 15th April 1805
- Bethia, bapt. 20th Oct. 1728
- Lauchlan, bapt. 23rd Oct. 1730
- Jean (marr. John Ballingal, min. of Cupar)."
SOURCE: Fasti ecclesiae scoticanae: the succession of ministers in the Church of Scotland from the reformation, Vol. IV, page 207