Mario Matthew Cuomo
|Birthplace:||Queens, Queens County, New York, United States|
|Death:||Died in New York, New York County, New York, United States|
Son of Andrea Cuomo and Immaculata Cuomo
|Occupation:||Governor of New York State|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Mario Cuomo
About Mario Cuomo
Mario Matthew Cuomo was born on 15 June 1932 in Queens, New York, United States of America.
He served as the 52nd Governor of the state of New York from 1983 to 1994, and is the father of Andrew Cuomo, the current governor of New York. Cuomo became nationally known for his keynote speech at the 1984 Democratic National Convention and the subsequent speculation over the next decade that he might run for the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States.
Parents: Andrea Cuomo, from Nocera Inferiore, Italy; and Immacolata from Tramonti, Italy. 
- Matilda Raffa 
5 children include:
- Andrew Cuomo b. 6 December 1957 in Queens, New York.
- Maria Cuomo. She married in 1987 to Kenneth Cole (b. 23 March 1954-) an American clothing designer.
- Margaret Cuomo
- Madeline Cuomo
- Christopher "Chris" Cuomo b. 9 August 1970 in Queens, New York.
Books by Mario Cuomo include
- Cuomo, Mario M. Forest Hills Diary: The Crisis of Low-Income Housing. New York: Vintage Books, © 1974, Vintage Books 1983. Internet resource.
- Cuomo, Mario M. Diaries of Mario M. Cuomo: The Campaign for Governor. New York: Random House, 1984.
- Cuomo, Mario M. The New York Idea: An Experiment in Democracy. New York: Crown Publishers, 1994.
- Cuomo, Mario M. Reason to Believe. New York: Simon & Schuster, 1995.
- Cuomo, Mario M, and Harold Holzer. Why Lincoln Matters: Today More Than Ever. Orlando: Harcourt, 2004.
- Blauner, Peter (February 13, 1989). "All Star Family Feud: The Governor's In-Laws Battle Over a Father's Legacy". New York Magazine. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- Clipping of Article Titled: Italy's Cuomos Claim Mario As Favorite Son, 1983. Archival material: Photocopied clipping of article on the family of Mario Cuomo in Italy, published in The New York Times, January 1, 1983
- "Mario Cuomo, Governor, Governor's Father, and an eloquent liberal beacon, dies at 82" New York Times, January 1, 2015.
Mario Cuomo's Timeline
June 15, 1932
Queens, Queens County, New York, United States
December 6, 1957
Queens, Queens, NY, USA
August 9, 1970
Queens, New York, USA
January 1, 2015
New York, New York County, New York, United States