Martha Langstaff (Martin)
|Birthplace:||Dover, Strafford Co, NH|
|Death:||Died in Piscataway, Middlesex Co., NJ|
Daughter of John Martin, of Piscataway and Hester Martin
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Martha Langstaff
Martha2 MARTIN (John1) was born in Dover, New Hampshire circa 1648. Martha died November 13, 1694 in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey at 46 years of age.(18) She was interred November 1694 in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
She married John LANGSTAFF circa 1674 in Piscataway, New Jersey. John was born circa 1647 in Dover, New Hampshire. John died after 1706/7 in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
Martha MARTIN and John LANGSTAFF had the following children:
22 i. Henry3 LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, New Jersey January 26, 1675/6.(19) Henry died February 4, 1675/6 in Piscataway, New Jersey at less than one year of age.(20) He was interred February 1675/6 in Piscataway, New Jersey.
23 ii. Lucilla LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, New Jersey July 17, 1677.(21)
24 iii. Mary LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, New Jersey December 15, 1679.(22) Mary died before 1689 in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
25 iv. John LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, New Jersey May 3, 1682.(23) John died May 30, 1682 in Piscataway, New Jersey at less than one year of age.(24) He was interred May 1682 in Piscataway, New Jersey.
26 v. Sarah LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey September 19, 1683.(25)
27 vi. Henry LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey August 22, 1686.(26)
28 vii. Mary LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey February 4, 1688/9.(27)
29 viii. John LANGSTAFF was born in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey August 6, 1691.(28)
+ 30 ix. Priscilla LANGSTAFF was born August 18, 1694.
- 'New Jersey Historical Society. Calendar of New Jersey wills, administrations, etc. (page 40 of 76)
- New Jersey Historical Society. Calendar of New Jersey wills, administrations, etc. (page 40 of 76)
- 1687 Nov. 9. Martin, Easter, of Piscataway; will of. Children — John, Joseph, Thomas Martin, Mary Hull, 'Martha Langstafis', Lidia Smalley, Benjamin, grandchildren Mary and Plope Hull (children of Hopewell Hull). Land iu Piscataway Township. Personal property. Executor — son Benjamin. Witnesses — Edward Slater and Samuel Hull. Proved December 20, 1687.
- N. J. Archives, XXL, p. loS, and Middlesex Wills
- 1687-8 Jan. 6. Bond of her son Benjamin Martin of Piscataway as executor of her will. Edward Slater of the same place fellow bondsman,
- 1687 Sept. 15. Martin, James, of Burlington, meal man; will of. Brothers — Thomas Martin and John Martin, sister Mary Fry (excluding her husband from use of legacy), nephew Thomas Fry; Monthly Meeting of Ratlife Frends, London, and Burlington Meeting; mother Martha Martin alias Greenhill. Real and personal estate, partly in England, Executors — Samuel Jenings, Percival Towle and Thomas Ollive. Witnesses — John Johnson and Susannah Prickit. Proved March 28, 1693.
- 1687 March 17. Martin, John, of Piscataway, yeoman; will of. Wife Easter heiress and executrix of real and personal estate with sons John and Benjamin Martin, Hopfull Hulle and 'John Langstaff' as over-seers. Witnesses — Thomas Killingvvorlh, Will: Button, Benjamin Martin, Thomas Martin and Daniel Lippington. Proved 20th 20th 16S7 (?)
- N. J. Archives, XXL, p. 107, and Middlesex Wills
- 1703 May 21. Martin, Jolin, of Piscatteque, yeoman; will of. Wife Ann. Children — Elizabeth Dun, Ester Martin, Dorthy Martin, John Martin (under age), Richard Martin, brothers Joseph, Benjamin and Thomas Martin, sisters Mary Hall and Lydey Snialley. Real and personal estate. Executors — brother Benjamin Martin and Samuel Blackford. Witnesses — Benjamin Martin, Joseph Martin and Stephen W^illson. Proved April 18, 1704. Lib. i, p. 34, and Middlesex Wills
- 1703 June 12. Inventory of the personal estate (£219.17.6); made by John Royse and Edmond Dunham.
- 'NEW JERSEY COLONIAL RECORDS, East Jersey Records: Part 4 - Volume 21 Calendar of Records 1664-1703
- PAGE 96
- 1684-5 Jan. 21. Do. Benjamin MARTINE to his brother John MARTINE joiner, both of Piscataway, for 33 acres in Woodbridge, given him by their father John MARTINE August 4, 1684. 78
- PAGE 107
- 1684 Aug. 22. Deed. John MARTINE junior of Piscataway to his father John MARTINE of Woodbridge, for 15 acres of upland at Piscataway, N. and E. the highway, W. and S. grantee. 219
- 1687-8 March 17. Will of John MARTIN of Piscataway. Wife Esther sole heiress and executrix with sons Hopewell HULL, John MARTIN, Benjamin MARTIN and 'John LANGSTAFF' as overseers and assistants. Witnesses Thomas KILLINGWORTH, Will. BUTTON, Benjamin MARTIN, Thomas MARTIN, Daniel LIPPINGTON. 220
- 1687 Dec. 14. Letters of administration on the estate of John MARTIN dec'd., granted to his widow Esther. 221
- 1684 Aug. 4. Deed. John MARTINE of Piscataway to his son Thomas MARTINE of the same place for two tracts of land and one tract of meadow, in Woodbridge, vizt: the first, between Abraham TAPPINE, Piscataway bounds, and son Benj. MARTIN; the second, betw. Benj. MARTINE and Piscataway line; the third, 10 acres of Raraton meadows; all by virtue of patent of June 6, 1673. 222
- PAGE 108
- 1687 Nov. 9. Will of Esther MARTIN of Piscataway. Sons John, Joseph, Thomas, Benjamin, daughter Mary HULL, 'Martha LANGSTAFF', Lidea SMALLY, grandchildren Hopewell, son of Hopewell and Mary HULL, Mary, dau. of the same. Executor son Benjamin. Witnesses Edward SLATTER and Samuel HULL. Proved Dec. 20, 1687. 224
- 1687-8 Jan. 6. Letters of administration on the estate of Esther MARTIN granted to her son Benjamin. 226
Martha Langstaff's Timeline
Dover, Strafford Co, NH
January 26, 1675
July 17, 1677
December 15, 1678
March 3, 1681
September 19, 1683
August 22, 1686
Piscataway, NJ, USA
February 4, 1688