Matching family tree profiles for Mashke Abramsky
About Mashke Abramsky
The following is from the Yad ve-Shem testimony given by her son Mordechai Abramsky in 1990 and attached (see the Hebrew). Born Lida, Belorussia in 1887. Maiden name: Winograd. Father was Rabbi Shmuel Shmelke. Mother was Rochel Leah.
Her husband was Nissan Abramsky from Przersol, Poland son of Avram (Arie) and Rivka. She was adopted by "cousins" of the Winograds, Mordechai Leyzor Bryman (Briman) and Rochel Leah Frankel from Przerosl, Poland. Circumstances of her adoption are unknown to me (Hatte Blejer, her gg niece). It's interesting that the name given for her mother is Rochel Leah and that could be Rochel Leah Frankel, supposedly her adopted mother.
Masha was also known as Mashke. She perished in the Holocaust in 1942 in Lomazy Forest, Poland. She worked with her husband as a merchant in Przerosl.
- Shmuel (after his grandfather Shmuel Winograd?)
- Joseph (after Joseph Frankel?)
- Mordechai (after Mordechai Margolis?)
- Chiene Rivka (after her grandmother Rivka Abramsky?)
Sheyna, Mordechai, and Joseph were common Margolis or Frankel given names also. Joseph (Yosel) Frankel was Masha Abramsky's adopted grandfather. She had various cousins and aunts named Sheyna. Mordechai was the name of her adopted great grandfather (Mordechai Margolis).
Mashke Bryman Abramsky was the adopted daughter of Rochla Leja Bryman and Mordechai Leyzar Bryman. Neil Rosenstein says in The Margolis Family (1984) that Mashke WHO WAS ADOPTED was likely a Winograd/Horowitz. Specifically:
"Their adopted daughter, Mashke, was probably a niece to Rachel Leah...Mashke (or Maasha) was the daughter of Samuel Shmelke Winograd of Lida. The family were direct descendents of the levite Horowitz family, their branch tracing back to the famed Chasidic Rabbi, Shmelke of Nikolsburg (1726 - 1778)."
Here is how Mashke would be related to Rochla Leja Frankel Abramsky:
- Rochla Leja's mother Chava Frankel
- Chava Margolis Frankel's father Judah Leib Margolis
- Judah Leib's father Mordechai Margolis
- Mordechai's father Samuel Margolis
- Samuel's mother UNK Schick Margolis
- Mrs Margolis' mother Nissel Schick שיק
- Nissel Schick Margolis' father Moshe Halevi Segal
- Moshe Segal's mother Chana Katzenellenbogen Segal
- Chana's brother Ephraim Zalman Katzenelenbogen
- Ephraim's second wife Princess Matil
- Princess Matil mother of Rabbi Tzvi Hersh Horowitz of Chortikov
- Tzvi Hersh's son Shmuel "Shmelka" Halevi Horowitz of Nikolsburg
- Shmuel's son Jacob Horowitz
- Jacob's son Isaac Horowitz
Mashke Abramsky's Timeline
Przerośl, Suwalki Gubernia, Biyalstok Province, Poland
Przerośl, suwalski, Podlaskie Voivodeship, Poland
Przerośl, Podlachia, Poland