Matching family tree profiles for Peter Bradley
view all 15
About Peter Bradley
The Descendants of Elder William Brewster, Part 1, Generations 1 through 4, Barbara Lambert Merrick, General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth MA, 2014, p. 135
- CHRISTOPHERS, Mary
- b. 1657 Devonshire, England
- d. 24 JUL 1724 New York
- Father: CHRISTOPHERS, Christopher
- Mother: BERRY, Mary
- Marriage: 9 MAY 1678 New London, New London, CT.
- Spouse: BRADLEY, Peter
- b. 7 SEP 1658 New London, New London, CT.
- d. 25 AUG 1687 New London, New London, CT.
- Father: BRADLEY, Peter
- Mother: BREWSTER, Elizabeth
- BRADLEY, Peter b. 9 MAY 1678 New London, New London, CT.
- BRADLEY, Christopher
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_1f6.htm#55
- The New York genealogical and biographical record
- .... etc.
- Capt. William Booth was a mariner. He owned the present site of Greenport, L. I., then called Stirling, which he purchased of John Youngs. The original deed is still owned by his descendants at Greenport. He m. in 1688, Hannah,3 da. of Samuel2 and Frances (Ludlam) King, b. 26 Jan., 1666; who d. 22 Dec, 1742. (Records of the King Family of Southold, Suffolk Co., N. Y., N. Y. Gen. and Biog. Rec, Apl., 1901; Ludlam Gen.) Issue:
- William,3 b. 28 May, 1689; d. 22 July, 1712.
- Hannah, b. 22 Feb., 1691; m. in all probability, Henry Tuthill, b. 1690. If so, she d. 1 Dec, 1715, leaving a son Henry Tuthill, ancestor of the late President, Benjamin Harrison. It is possible, however, that this Hannah Booth m. Rich. Hudson in Jan., 1723. ...
- Mary, b. 27 Aug., 1703; she probably m. on 4 Oct., 1721-2 Jonathan Bradley, probably son of Christopher Bradley, of New London, Conn., and grandson of Mary Christophers, who m. successively Peter Bradley, Lieut. Col. Thomas Youngs, and Nathaniel Lynde. (Tombstone of Mary Lynde at Southold.)
- Jonathan Bradley's wife d. in 1738. His will dated 31 July, 1739, proved 23 Nov., the same year, names his children: Peter, Grant, Mary, Mehitable, Hannah, and Martha. Grant is to be given a child's coat the gift of Mr. Sueton Grant. Lieut. Constant Booth brother-in-law, and Daniel Tuthill, brother of the testator are to be executors. (Lib. 13, p. 358, N. Y. Wills.)* ...
- * It has been conjectured that Peter Bradley, whose widow, Mehitable Horton, m. Daniel Tuthill, was brother of Jonathan Bradley above, as there seems to be no other way in which to account for Daniel Tuthill being called "brother" of Jonathan Bradley.
- Mary Bradley Youngs Lynde
- Birth: 1657 New London County, Connecticut, USA
- Death: 1724
- Mary Christopher Bradley Youungs 1657-1724. Could be previous married Christopher and could also be Bradles. Married to Lt. Col Thomas Youngs as his second wife.
- Aged 64 yrs
- Family links:
- Thomas Youngs (1654 - 1714)*
- Burial: Old Burying Ground of First Presbyterian Church, Southold, Suffolk County, New York, USA
- Plot: Stone#8, Row#13
- Find A Grave Memorial# 11594359
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11594359