Rasso Maximilian Rupprecht von Bayern
|Birthplace:||Starnberg, Bayern, Deutschland|
Son of Franz Maria Luitpold, Prinz von Bayern and Isabella Antonie de Croÿ
|Occupation:||Prince of Bavaria|
|Managed by:||Douglas John Nimmo|
Matching family tree profiles for Rasso, Prinz von Bayern
<private> von Bayern (von Österreich)spouse
<private> Goncz-Ruszka (Bavaria)child
About Rasso, Prinz von Bayern
Golden Fleece - Knights: Austrian Branch
Rasso was born at Schloß Leutstetten near Starnberg, Bavaria. He was the second son, and the youngest child, of Prince Franz of Bavaria and his wife Princess Isabella Antonie of Croÿ.
On 17 October 1955 Rasso married Archduchess Theresa of Austria, the daughter of Archduke Theodor Salvator of Austria and Countess Maria Theresia von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg. The wedding took place at Schloß Wallsee near Amstetten in Austria. The couple had seven children:
- Princess Maria-Theresia of Bavaria (b. 1956); married Count Tamas Kornis de Goncz-Ruszka; seven children.
- Prince Franz-Josef of Bavaria (b. 1957), a Benedictine monk in Peramiko, Tanzania, now called Pater Florian.
- Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria (b. 1959); married Count Andreas von Kuefstein; six children.
- Prince Wolfgang of Bavaria (b. 1960); married Countess Beatrice of Lodron-Laterano and Castelromano; three children.
- Princess Benedikta of Bavaria (b. 1961); married Count Rudolf von Freyberg-Eisenberg; four children.
- Prince Christoph of Bavaria (b. 1962); married Baroness Gudila von Plettenberg; four children.
- Princess Gisela of Bavaria (b. 1964); married Prince Alexander of Saxe-Gessaphe; four children.
- Rasso was a Grand Prior of the Bavarian Order of Saint George,
- Knight of the Order of Saint Hubert, and a Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece.