Matching family tree profiles for Robert VIII de Béthune, vicomte de Meaux
About Robert VIII de Béthune, vicomte de Meaux
- Jeanne de Béthune, Viscountess of Meaux, Countess of Ligny (c.1397- late 1450), was a French noblewoman, the suo jure Viscountess of Meaux, having inherited the title upon her father's death in 1408. Her father was Robert VIII de Béthune, Viscount of Meaux. Jeanne married twice; firstly to Robert of Bar, and secondly John II of Luxembourg, Count of Ligny who held Joan of Arc prisoner following her capture by the Burgundians in May 1430. Jeanne was one of the three women who cared for Joan during her imprisonment.
- Jeanne was born in about 1397, the eldest daughter of Robert VIII de Béthune, Viscount of Meaux, and Isabelle de Ghistelles. She had one younger sister, Jacqueline de Béthune who married Raoul d'Ailly, by whom she had issue. Her paternal grandparents were Jean I de Béthune, Seigneur de Locres, and Jeanne de Coucy, and her maternal grandparents were Jean VII de Ghistelles and Marguerite de Reingleset.
- In 1408 her father died. As he had no male heirs, Jeanne, being his eldest daughter, succeeded to the title of suo jure Viscountess of Meaux. She was about eleven years of age.
- On 16 February 1409, Jeanne married her first husband, Robert of Bar, the son Henry of Bar and Marie de Coucy, Countess of Soissons. In August 1413, he was created Count of Marle and Soissons, and Sire d'Oisy, titles which he had inherited from his mother, a granddaughter of King Edward III of England. Together Robert and Jeanne had one daughter: .... etc.
- Robert was one of the many French nobles killed at the Battle of Agincourt on 25 October 1415, leaving Jeanne a widow of eighteen with an infant daughter who as sole heiress succeeded to her father's titles and estates. Jeanne married secondly on 23 November 1418, John II of Luxembourg, Count of Ligny. The marriage, however, did not produce any children. .... etc.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_de_B%C3%A9thune
- Jeanne de Bar, suo jure Countess of Marle and Soissons, Dame d'Oisy, Viscountess of Meaux, and Countess of Saint-Pol, of Brienne, de Ligny, and Conversano (1415 - 14 May 1462) was a noble French heiress and Sovereign Countess. She was the only child of Robert of Bar, Count of Marle and Soissons, Sire d'Oisy, who was killed ....
- Jeanne was born in 1415, the only child of Robert of Bar, Count of Marle and Soissons, Sire d'Oisy (1390- 25 October 1415) and Jeanne de Béthune, Viscountess of Meaux (c.1397- late 1450). Her paternal grandparents were Henry of Bar, Marquis Pont-à-Mousson and Marie de Coucy, Countess of Soissons, and her maternal grandparents were Robert VIII de Béthune, Viscount of Meaux, and Isabelle de Ghistelles, daughter of Jean VII de Ghistelles and Marguerite de Reingleset. Through her paternal grandmother, Jeanne was a descendant of King Edward III of England and Philippa of Hainault - their eldest daughter Isabella being the mother of Marie de Coucy. ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_de_Bar,_Countess_of_Marle_and_Soissons