Matching family tree profiles for Sgt. Uzal Wardwell
About Sgt. Uzal Wardwell
"Uzal (Wardwell), b. (Boston) April 7, 1639; m. (1) in Ipswich May 3, 1664, widow Mary (Kinsman) Ringe; m. (2) Grace _____, who d. in Bristol, R. I., May 9, 1741, 'Old Mrs. Grace Wardell'; he d. in Bristol Oct. 25, 1732, aged 93.
Like his father before him, Uzal Wardwell, a carpenter, was of an unsettled disposition, After his first marriage he lived in Ipswich until about 1675 when he moved to Salem where he was the town's constable in 1681, and where he was taxed in 1683. By the summer of 1684 he had moved his family to Bristol, R. I., where he remained for the rest of his life. In Ipswich he was on the trial jury in the courts of September, 1677, and November, 1680, He took the Oath of Allegiance in 1678. He was the constable of Bristol in 1691.
In King Philip's war he saw much service, being a trooper in Capt. Paige's company in the Mt. Hope campaign and a sergeant in Major Appleton's company in the winter expedition to the Narragansett country.
The will of Uzal Wardell of Bristol, proved in 1732, mentions his wife Grace, his daughters Mary Barker, Sarah Bosworth, Abigail Green, Hannah Crompton, Grace Giddings, Alice Glading and sons Uzal, James, Joseph, William and Benjamin."
- Wardwell, of Wells, in Davis, Walter Goodwin, and Gary Boyd Roberts Introduction. Massachusetts and Maine Families in the Ancestry of Walter Goodwin Davis (1885-1966): A Reprinting, in Alphabetical Order by Surname, of the Sixteen Multi-Ancestor Compendia (plus Thomas Haley of Winter Harbor and His Descendants). (Baltimore, Maryland, United States: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. , 1996), 3:550.
Title: The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants
Author: Gary Boyd Roberts
Publication: Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, MD
- Uzell Wardwell1
- M, #163434, b. 7 April 1639, d. 25 October 1732
- Father William Wardwell1 b. 4 Jan 1607, d. 1670
- Mother Alice Marshall1 b. c 1608, d. b 5 Dec 1656
- Uzell Wardwell was born on 7 April 1639 at Bristol, Bristol, RI.1 He married Mary Kinsman, daughter of Robert Kingsman, on 3 May 1664 at Ipswich, Essex, MA.2,1 Uzell Wardwell died on 25 October 1732 at Ipswich, Essex, MA, at age 93.1
- Family Mary Kinsman b. c 1629
- Abigail Wardwell+1 b. 27 Oct 1665, d. 19 Oct 1739
- [S11597] Ancestry.com, Submitted by archtype1.
- [S14] Unknown author, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, by Clarence Almon Torrey., p. 779.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p5441.htm#i163434
- GIDDINGS, Grace
- b. ABT 1650
- d. 9 MAY 1741 Bristol, Bristol, RI.
- Marriage: 7 APR 1679 Ipswich, Essex, Mass.
- Spouse: WARDWELL, Uzal
- b. 7 APR 1639 Boston, Suffolk, Mass.
- d. 7 DEC 1732 Bristol, Bristol, RI.
- WARDWELL, Sarah
- WARDWELL, James
- WARDWELL, Joseph
- WARDWELL, Rebecca b. 13 MAY 1693 Bristol, Bristol, RI.
- WARDWELL, William
- WARDWELL, Benjamin
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_b5b.htm#29
Sgt. Uzal Wardwell's Timeline
April 7, 1639
Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
October 27, 1665
Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts
Ipswich, Essex, MA
December 27, 1670
Bristol, Bristol, Rhode Island, USA
September 1, 1677
Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
September 1, 1677
Bristol, Bristol County, Rhode Island, United States
New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut
October 15, 1732
Bristol, Bristol, Rhode Island