|Also Known As:||"redmond", "Redland"|
|Birthplace:||Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States|
|Death:||Died in Charlestown, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States|
|Cause of death:||fever|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for William Ridland
About William Ridland
History of the Ancient Ryedales: And Their Descendants in Normandy, Great Britain, Ireland, and America, from 860 to 1884 by Gideon Tibbetts Ridlon, published by The author, 1884
William Ridland, was in Charlestown, Mass.; married Patience Davis, and died of fever there Dec. 2, 1694, aged sixty or upwards. He gave testimony concerning land of S. Frothingham (see Fosket) in 1682, aged 47 years; made deed of Groton land, 1694; wife, Patience, joined in a deed with B. Davis, 1685; joined in Groton deed, 1694.
He had issue six children, as follows:
- William Ridland- eldest son of William, was born Dec. 21, 1663, probably in Charlestown.
- Nathaniel Ridland, second son of William, was born Dec. 6, 1665, presumably in Charlestown
- Patience Ridland, eldest daughter of William, was born Jan. 18, 1667, presumably in Charlestown.
- Joanna Ridland, second daughter of William, was born Aug. 15, 1670, presumably in Charlestown.
- Mary Ridland, third daughter of William, was born Jan. 9, 1672, presumably in Charlostown.
- Barnabas Ridland, third son of William, was born June 28, 1579, probably in Charlestown.
Note. There were three sons of William Ridland, and yet the family evidently became extinct in the male line. It is singular if all these sons died issueless. The mother and children may have left this country soon after the father's death. The name is not now known in the United States. We must leave them In obscurity.