Louisiana Free Masons

Started by Linda Lea Christ on Friday, November 25, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
11/25/2011 at 1:50 PM

Any one know about Freemasons in Louisiana during the American Revolution 1776 era?
George Washington was a Freemason who might have been in France and might have recruited King Louie XVI and Marie Antoinette.
Am searching to find out if George Washington might have smuggled them out of France at the time of his visit.
Because Louisiana was named after King Louie, many of the French setteled there.
Just curious.
Linda

11/25/2011 at 7:07 PM

King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette died in the French Revolution, about 15 years after the American Revolution. George Washington was already dead, I believe.

11/25/2011 at 7:16 PM

Linda find the website for the Grand Lodge of Louisiana, or any state. and ask them. All lodges are glad to help but local lodges may only have someone online infrequently.

Private User
11/28/2011 at 7:00 PM

I will see if I can find a list of contact info for all Grand Lodges to upload to our Documents area.

Linda, the Grand Lodge of Louisiana was constituted in 1812. George Washington never smuggled King Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, or anyone else out of France, though Lafayette did assist them. Is that who you're thinking of?

Maybe there are conspiracy theories out there (which I haven't heard) involving Washington, but they would be easily disproved. So I don't think you're going to find much. :/

11/28/2011 at 8:22 PM

Grand lodge of Louisiana http://www.la-mason.com/

6/29/2023 at 3:13 AM

free masons had their first lodges in Bordeaux and other french cities (bayonne, rodez, etc) around 1750 , I am investigating about an ancestor (jean soulie) who was free mason too, possibily in france before his departure to Americas, and certainly before 1782. he was grand master in new orleans "Parfaite Union" around 1812. Search around Lafayette, a free mason, and you might discover more data.
Jean Louis Mayronne, too, was a free mason in New orleans.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion