Greta Garbo ↔ Vladimir Lenin

Started by Olav Linno Poëll on Monday, March 5, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 16 posts
3/5/2012 at 1:15 PM

Aww, yes indeed! Thanks for the heads-up David Widerberg Howden. Path for posterity:

http://www.geni.com/path/%D0%92%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8...

Greta Garbo is Vladimir Lenin's 6th cousin once removed!

3/5/2012 at 1:21 PM

… and why is Garbo's profile not MP'ed yet? It's a schkandall, I tell'ya! ;)

3/5/2012 at 1:36 PM

I agree ;) Im not sure if norwegian curators can make her profile a MP, but I will send a notification to the ones I know. Im not really sure what it takes to make a profile a MP, but Im sure she is a good candidate..

3/5/2012 at 1:43 PM

She is my 6th cousin thrice removed.

3/5/2012 at 1:59 PM

Find the old-gold thread for MP candidates below. Seems a bit slow in there lately though, maybe the activity has moved somewhere else entirely? You should probably disturb the peace in there to see if they're still kicking enough to get stuff rolling:

http://www.geni.com/discussions/83475

3/5/2012 at 2:16 PM

Greta is now a MP :) The curator only wanted me to clean up a little. So I need some help with cleaning her profile info in "about me" it seems like most of it is just copied and pasted in from Wikipedia.

Maby its not necessary to have al the information in her profile when everything is on Wikipedia. Maby just an abstract and a link?

What do you think?

3/5/2012 at 2:18 PM

Yes, I agree. But I look for telling anecdotes that make a profile come alive and show some original research - the Lenin profile being a grand example.

3/5/2012 at 2:21 PM

A trick for "cleaning overviews" is to make an attached document labeled "Overview - OLD." that way info can be retained without a full reversion.

3/5/2012 at 3:14 PM

Let's see… When it comes to well known MP's:

• A very short and catchy intro text to begin, the first couple of rows should be able to pull enough reader interest - to make the reader actually want do dig in deeper. It should be a 'pleasure', not a 'necessity', if you get my drift. Also, the first few words on MP's are aggregated to the popular profile listings, etc. Make use of it, if possible/fitting.

• A couple of links à la Wikipedia buys you a free pass on the general "bulk" info, of course. That's a very good thing. People tend to copy-paste mind-blowingly long wiki texts like there's no tomorrow—kill the first urge to repeat their mistake—and deliver something a little more unique and personal. Longest does not win here. Originality and uniqueness does.

• And, as Erica wrote, good anecdotes always get's folks going if done right. Set the mood. To be able to pull it off in a tasteful, fitting and appropriate way for a particular profiles personality, it also demands that you know something extra on your subject, something a reader would not get hold of by simply scanning Wikipedia. Then—just let it show—and it's all good :)

8/1/2012 at 7:38 AM

Well, since they've both been to PUB, I could not resist:

Front splash: 2012-08-01, http://www.poëll.com/archive/2012-08-01,www.pub.se.1.front.png
About push: 2012-08-01, http://www.poëll.com/archive/2012-08-01,www.pub.se.2.about.png

“A lot has changed since Greta Garbo worked here : Our passion for Swedish fashion and design hasn't.”

[…] Our most well known co-worker is Greta Garbo who initially started out on PUB's hat department during the 1920s, before she was discovered and moved to Hollywood. The first time she was actually seen on screen was as a model in PUB advertisements. […]

[…] Vår mest kända medarbetare är Greta Garbo som började sin anställning på PUBs hattavdelning på 20-talet, innan hon blev upptäckt och flyttade till Hollywood. Första gången hon sågs på film var faktiskt som modell i reklamfilmer för PUB. […]

Private User
8/4/2012 at 1:23 AM

My name is Rune Josef Rylander(1928),son to Josef Rylander (1898-1978),son till Anders Fransson (1875-1958)) and Augusta Fransdotter(1877-1927)-un married..She married 1903 David Rylander(1881-1971) .Josef was adopted was adopted 1905 and got the surname Rylander and because that
family Rylander is related to Greta Garbo family. 1 ErikAhstedt (1701) father to 2 Maria (172-17819 3.her son Carl-Fredrik Jonsson 4.,his son Gustaf Adolf Fredriksson(1774) .5 His son Gustaf Gustafsson(1859(-GRETA GARBO´S GRANDFATHERS FATHER)- 6.Johan Agaton Gustafsson(1848)
GRANDFATHER)-his son Carl-Alfred Gustafsson(1871-1920),his daughter
Greta Garbo(1898-2005) -my father´Josef´s -second cousin. His father Anders was brother to Johan Agaton.
rune.j.rylander@telia com (120804)
brother to

Private User
8/31/2012 at 7:02 AM

@ I have written the story of Greta Garbo and got details of it from a book.
I can give you more details or send part of it to you.
We could start the fans of Greta Garbo. A lot of persons are included in the family story from Småland- 300 km south Stockholm, Sweden.
Please give me your mail-address
rune.j.rylander@telia.com

Private User
8/31/2012 at 7:07 AM

Please contact
rune.j.rylander@telia.com

8/31/2012 at 9:19 AM

Private User, it's advised to share your private emails and details through the PM system instead of the 100% public forum where bots/robots may collect such information to spam you at a later date with offers that you can't refuse ;)

Unless you don't mind, of course.

10/5/2021 at 8:40 AM

Greta Garbo,
my 16 th cousin once removed.

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion