Rachel Knapp (Close) - Rachel Close Knapp

Started by Stephen Vincent on Thursday, March 29, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
3/29/2012 at 1:36 PM

On my genealogy, I have a daughter of David and Rachel Close Knapp by the name of Rebecca Knapp who married Theophilus Peck, Jr. Have you found this daughter named Rebecca in your records?

Thanks,

Carol M. Vincent

3/29/2012 at 6:49 PM

I wonder why the town name of a place in Connecticut is showing up in Russian on this profile?

Those names are familiar to me. I will check sources and Knapp and Peck profiles from that era. What town are they from?

3/29/2012 at 7:00 PM

PECK Theophilus Peck, Jr., and Rebecca Knapp were married on July 6, 1753.
This is from the Greenwich, CT: Vital Records, 1670–1847

The town of Greenwich, Connecticut was created by an act of the General Assembly passed in 1665. These vital records of the town were abstracted by Spencer P. Mead in 1913. Mr. Mead was born in 1863 and was the author of Ye Historie of Greenwich (1911) and History and Genealogy of the Mead Family (1901), as well as several additional typescripts containing various records of Greenwich. These records begin in 1670 and end at 1847.

The original text may be accessed at the NEHGS Research Library. The call number is Mss 895

3/29/2012 at 7:01 PM

It doesn't of course say whose daughter she is.

3/29/2012 at 7:18 PM

Bingo. It's correct. You can read about it free in this online book http://books.google.com/books?id=gdULAAAAYAAJ&vq=Knapp+David&am...

I read it on page 670 but the pagination is off. It lists David and Rachel's children. They had at least 4 and it says explicitly that Rebecca was their daughter and married Theophilus Peck.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion