Mary Delano (Weston) - Why isn't Mercy Spooner(Delano) listed as the daughter of John Delano and Mary Delano (Weston)?

Started by Private User on Sunday, April 8, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
4/8/2012 at 5:09 AM

I'm Mark Barnard of Savannah,Georgia. I've researched this topic,and have compiled the genealogical information,that lead to the Delano family through Mercy Spooner(Delano). MarkBarnard7460@gmail.com

4/9/2012 at 10:15 AM

Is this the profile you wanted?
Mercy Spooner

Private User
4/12/2012 at 4:35 AM

The profile for Mary Delano that I created,
Unknown Profile
links to an her father Edmund Weston and an MP for John Delano her husband
John Delano

The profile for Mary Spooner (Weston), links to a less complete probable duplicate and MP of Mary Delano
Mary Delano
who is mated to a less complete and probably duplicate MP profile for John Delano
Unknown Profile

It kind of looks like there are multiple MPs for the same people, which would take curator action to resolve and will generate lots of "tree" and "data" conflicts.

As a post script, when I was working on that section of the family tree my focus was on the linear Weston branch. There were a number of other families (Spooners) etc. that I did not enter. Since then, there have been a number of mergers that have inserted incorrect information, so my more recent focus has been to begin to catalog the correct info, off line.

I hope this info helps...Carl

4/12/2012 at 8:35 AM

Private User

Helps quite a bit! I've taken care of the merges. interestingly, the profiles meshed cleanly and without generating conflicts that I can see.

A while back I worked a little on Delano and a bit on Spooner, knowing Weston was in good hands. Just keep posting if we can help in this effort more.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion