• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
10/17/2012 at 8:29 PM

I've tried to define scope parameters in authorization, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I don't see in the docs where it describes what the permissions are. I've tried just using "family", but again, not sure that is an actual permission. Of course, I could just leave it wide open, but I prefer to only request what is needed for the application.

Private User
1/10/2013 at 11:58 AM

Bump
Again, just trying to find out what the optional scope parameters are when requesting a token. I don't like asking for everything when I need little. The scope option states.

"A comma delimited list of permissions that the application needs. By default the scope is set to a full data access."

So what are the permissions?

Private User
1/11/2013 at 5:47 AM

Scope-based permissions aren't implemented yet.

What data are you trying to access?

Private User
1/11/2013 at 9:58 AM

Ok, just making sure I'm not missing something. As a security guy, I tend to give the permissions needed, as oppose to giving people root. But it's not a big deal.

I'm using mainly stuff in the profile and union key. Just worried the authorization might be scary to some, with giving permissions to "photos and any other information available through my user account."

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion