project " cities of Ukraine" ?? who did accept and select topics in this project?

Started by Wojciech Eugeniusz Kauczynski on Thursday, March 7, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 3 posts
3/7/2013 at 12:23 AM

Przemysl, Rzeszow, Stanislawczyk - cities in UKRAINE????

It must be a joke??

Be serious and do not use this site for nationalistic propaganda.

I can similarly start a project e.g. called "cities of Poland" and list on the top BERLIN - the old slavic city, or project "cities of Mexico" starting with Houston,, or cities in Denmark starting with "Malmö"....etc, etc...

Since almost the beginning (see the Nector chronicle where in the year 981 he wrote: Vladimir I the duke of Kievan Rus took it over
from Poles...). In its long history - Przemysl was for a very very short time period included in the Halicz or Kiev pricipalities, and lately the Southern part of this town (only) was occupied by Soviet for 3 years (1941-1944). This is the only connection of this town with Ukraine. Up to wwII Przemysl has significant Ukrainian minority which now is not larger than 2-3% of population.

RZESZOW - another excellent example of "Ukrainian city" - almost 100 km far away of the Ukrainian border, a town which has never been inside of the Russian or Ukrainian territory, and which had (and has) almost "0" Ukrainian population.

Who did select and accept towns to be involved in this project????

regards
Wojciech Kauczynski / born in Polish city of Przemysl

Private User
3/19/2013 at 9:11 AM

Thank you. Sorry to offend you (with just cause). I did not know that. I used what was already registered in Geni. I looked for Przemysl, and it said it's Ukraine.

My grand parents were from that town. I know they were Polish (spoke it).

I will try to correct this as soon as I have a chance.

Do you have any records of Jews that lived in Przemysl? Where can I get records of the sort?

Thank you,

Martin A. Klein
Born in Quito Ecuador

3/19/2013 at 10:56 AM

Private User

Jewish Gen (www.jewishgen.org) is the best site for online access to Polish records for Jewish family who lived in Poland in the late 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries. I'm not sure if you need to be a donating member, but if there are records, it is well worth the donation.

For my family from Poland / Lithuania (areas that are today in Poland but were in administrative districts in the 18th century with areas that are today in Lithuania), I have set up distinct projects around a small geographical area, but you could also set up a project around a family or around a town. I can help if you need help. I don't however know much about areas of Poland other than what were the Suwalki and Lomza Gubernias in the 19th century.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion