Anna Facon - Dates dont quite gell.

Started by Peter Dennis...Gone fishing! on Monday, September 23, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 15 posts
9/23/2013 at 1:33 AM

Maria (or Anna) dies in 1679 (presumably in labour as this is the date of birth for Jean jnr.)
But the first child of Jean snr by Anne Martin is Maria who is born in 1675 and second child Susanna born in 1684.
Maria also cannot be the person who marries Solomon de Gournay in 1993

Private
9/23/2013 at 1:39 AM

Peter I will leave it up to the people who h ave time at the moment - the other SA curators. I am a bit tied up and just plays around when I get time. I am discovering a lot of DN's as I am cleaning/sorting my office.

9/23/2013 at 1:42 AM

EDIT last date to read 1693 .

Private
9/23/2013 at 1:46 AM

Ok guys and girls, as I inhereted this one I am quite OK to stand with your decisions.

9/23/2013 at 1:18 PM

All SA curators seem to be much too busy to attend to this!

Private User
9/23/2013 at 3:44 PM

Sorry Peter - bit distracted today. There is obviously something wrong here - I will try to look into it tomorrow. Daan Botes, Private User Private - any ideas?

Private User
9/24/2013 at 12:11 AM

Good morning all

First of all I see that I inherited the profile of Anna/Maria Facon.

I see nothing to support what is presented on this tree. As far as I can ascertain Jean du Puys was born May 13 1679 the son of Jean du Puy and Anne Martin.

Micheal Martin couldn't possibly be connected to this family (linked as Anne Martin's brother) as he was born in 1864. I will contact Micheal Martin about this.

I see Peter that you added Solomon de Gournay as Anne Martin's husband yesterday - could you add your sources the the about section please? As it seems that Solomon isn't/couldn't be married to Maria/Anna Facon as well I have removed that connection. I would say that that was an error/slip up. see http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g7/p7515.htm

I have also moved Jean du Puys b 1679 so that he is now the son of Jean du Puy and Anne Martin

I have also disconnected Anna/Maria Facon Marie Facon from this section of the tree and so she is now a "floater" UNTIL someone can come up with some sources which help establish where she sits in this tree. If she was the mother of Jean du Puys born 1679 d 1680 this needs some sourcing.

I do not claim that how things lie at present is the correct arrangement because there are no sources given - so I am sure we would all welcome some input? Most of the references I can find online are in French.

According to MyHeritage Smart Matches Jean du Puy was born 13 May 1679 Calais, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France and died 1680. His 2 sisters were Anne Madeleine du Puy married SÉNÉCAL(1677 - 1760) and Susanna du Puys married BRUÉRE (1678 - ?)

FFYP do not have him as a child of Jean du Puis and Anne Martin http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g7/p7516.htm which suggests I think that there must be some substance to the Facon connection. Will pick this up later again!

Private
9/24/2013 at 12:18 AM

There is something wrong about the whole 'menage', I think. They live all over France for each life event and Anne Facon (display name) even gets married at the Cape! She is also called Maria Facon!

I'll dig around.

At the moment I've got "Anne Martin, widow of Jean du Puis, by whom she had Anne Madeleine and Susanna. She remarried Salomon de Gournay, q.v. (see will in Stellenbosch Archives made out in her name and that of her second husband)". - Graham Botha

Anne Madeleine du Puis was the daughter of Anne Martin and Jean. She was born in Paris. Her sister Suzanne was born and baptised in Amsterdam.

Salomon de Gournay went to join his eldest brother, Jean de Gournay, in London in 1718 after Anne Martin's death at the Cape.

Private User
9/24/2013 at 1:16 AM

Thanks Private

Private
9/24/2013 at 2:32 AM

Anne/Maria Facon was not the mother of Anne Madeline du Puis who married David Senechal at the Cape.

I've found this on my trusty http://www.grijsbaard.nl/Guines/HZ000228.HTM site

Jean du Puy.

Hij is getrouwd te Guînes (62) op 11 november 1668 voor de kerk (getuigen waren Daniel de Ruelle, Pierre Hibon, Jean Facon en Jeanne de le Motte) met
Marie Facon.
Uit dit huwelijk:

1 : Marie, geboren te Guînes (62) op 19 augustus 1669, gedoopt aldaar op 1 september 1669 (doopgetuigen waren Abraham le Dent le jeune en Marie Matton), overleden te Guînes (62) op 16 augustus 1671.

O: tweede kind Marie gedoopt 1671. | O: Marie du Puy, fille de Jean, dec. a Guisnes le 16e; get. Abraham le Dain.

2 : Marie, geboren te Guînes (62) op 10 september 1671, gedoopt aldaar op 20 september 1671 (doopgetuigen waren Pierre Boquet en Marie Matton).

3 : Anne, geboren te Guînes (62) op 28 april 1673, gedoopt aldaar op 7 mei 1673 (doopgetuigen waren Pierre du Flo en Francoise Bocquet).

At about this time Marie Madeleine was born in Paris from where her parents fled to Amsterdam where her sister Suzanne was born and baptised on 11 July 1688.

Anne Martin and Jean might be the couple who baptised a son Jean at Guines on 4 June 1679. They baptised no other children there.

Should I update these profiles?

Private User
9/24/2013 at 4:36 AM

I think so Jansi - can you use this profile Marie Facon - let me know if you need a hand

Private User
9/24/2013 at 4:40 AM

Jansi - when you have done the adjustments please let me know because I think we need to lock these profiles so that they stay correct - as long as the information is backed up with notes in the "About" field.

Private
9/24/2013 at 2:21 PM

I've now updated Anne Martin and her two husbands, as well as Anne Facon and her husband.

Please check to see if you agree?

Private User
9/24/2013 at 3:00 PM

So you think that Jean du Puis and Anne Martin did have the child Jean du Puis ? And Maria Facon wasn't connected to the du Puys family that went to SA?? Do you think that something needs to be added to the profiles - is there a need to lock them?

Private
9/25/2013 at 5:22 AM

Yes, I think it is possible that Jean was their son.

As to Marie Facon, I've checked the original registers. Her husband's surname is consistently spelt 'du Puy', whereas Anne Martin's husband's is spelt 'du Puis' in all 3 records I've found.

I don't think Marie Facon was connected in any way to our family. They were living at Guines from at least 1668 to 1673.

During this time, Anne Madeleine was born in Paris according to both Botha and Coertzen. although Coertzen does have her DOB as 1677. I've not been able to find her 'acte de naissance' in the Paris Archives as yet.

It may be that Marie Facon died, then du Puy went to Paris from safe Guines and there had Anne Madeleine with Anne Martin and started calling himself du Puis? It doesn't seem like a probable move for a Protestant in those troubled times.

However, Marie Facon didn't die in Guines - there is no death entry for her in the registers.

I don't think there is a need to lock the profiles.

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion