Katherine Hawley (Booth) - Bad merges involving Capt. Joseph Hawley and others

Started by Hatte Anne Blejer on Sunday, October 19, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
10/19/2014 at 10:14 AM

I unmerged Capt. Joseph Hawley from another duplicate that had the parents Unknown Father and Katherine Hawley (Booth). It looks like the latter was also the victim of a bad merge and I am trying to figure out what two profiles were merged.

The parents of Capt. Joseph Hawley are unknown. He may be the brother of Robert and Thomas (or not). He may be the brother of Anna Utley (or not).

What is for sure is that this Hawley family which was true to the most reliable sources a few months ago now is a mess.

Please help if you have GOOD sources. Ignore the various erroneous Internet trees, they are bad sources for the Hawleys, about which very little is known I believe.

It's nice to see that my notes in the About section of Katherine's profile are still intact! Hatte Anne Blejer, if you are interested, I can point out some of the original connections between profiles and some connections that did not originally exist.

Jeff Michael Prusak and Robert A Prusak, I think that you two should chime in here.

10/19/2014 at 11:34 AM

Capt. Joseph Hawley

As I mentioned, I was able to unmerge him but there are a number of incorrect siblings / children left I believe.

Please use only documents, contemporary reports, wills, vital records versus Internet trees.

10/19/2014 at 1:16 PM

Okay, I have added a lot from The Hawley Society website to the profiles. I have accepted Elizabeth and Hannah as sisters of Captain Joseph Hawley. Still thinking about Miriam.

The parents of Joseph Hawely are UNKNOWN according to the Hawley Society so if Katherine is a proven parent of one of the women, we may want to disconnect that supposed sister.

Children of Joseph:

Samuel 1647

Joseph 1649

Elizabeth 1651

Ebenezer 1654

Hannah 1657

Ephraim 1659

John 1661

Mary 1663

I will be getting rid of the extra children.

10/19/2014 at 1:48 PM

Detached Grace Smith, Richard Hawley and Thomas Hawley. Not children of Captain Joseph Hawley and Katharine Birdseye.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion