Who are your ancestors from Wollstein

Started by Daniel Gideon Krasnegor on Saturday, February 7, 2015
Showing all 3 posts
2/7/2015 at 8:09 AM

Hi, several of my ancestors surname Alexander and Friedländer lived in Wollstein in the mid 1800's. My ggg grandfather, Wolff Alexander, though probably born in Schonlanke, was the cantor at the synagogue in Wollstein. His two sons, Alexis and Jonas had a bookshop where cousin Dagobert Friedländer also worked for a time. Dagobert's first wife, Pauline Friedman was also born in Wollstein. She came from a long line who had been in Wollstein from at least 1799. Surnames Schiff, Salomon. Would love to hear who else had ancestors from Wollstein. Maybe we can find some connections!

Dan K.
Charlottesville, VA

2/7/2015 at 8:23 AM

Hi Daniel, nice to hear from you about Wollstein. I added all the people in my knowledge base to this town Project. Why don't you add yours and lets see what happens.

Join the Project, then you can add people to it. Upper right pull down menu on the Project home page.

Once you get the Join Acceptance message then you have permissions. You can add some words to the description, perhaps just quote from your message above, it's interesting enough.

Dan B.
Chicago

2/20/2015 at 5:29 PM

Hi Daniel. I see you have been active on Geni for quite a while with a lot of good profiles already.

I took the liberty of pushing some additional profiles of people into the Wollstein Town Project today, and I revised the description of the town.

It's quite a nice collection now and I see the bigger picture. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion