German Colonist In Ukrain

Started by Dolores Wood on Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
1/19/2016 at 5:36 AM

When Catherine The Great invited colonists to come to Southern Russia for free land, my 2x great grandfather, Andres or Andrew Schaeffer Senior went to Munichen, Kerson.

7/29/2016 at 1:17 PM

I am looking for information on the family below. I have not been able to get back any further than the Revision List Date: 12 March 1816 Cherson Government, Tirasol Kreis, Kutschurgan Gebiet, Kandel Colony. I thing he came from Rohrwiller in département of Lower-Rhine (Bas-Rhin) in Alsace (not Alsace-Lorraine, Alsace-Lorraine was a German administrative province from 1871 to 1918. Alsace has nothing to do with Lorraine). Rohrwiller coordinates are 48° 45′ 23″ North 7°
54′ 21″ East. The name of Rohrwiller is Rohrwiller in French since 1648. Before the French Revolution, Rohrwiller was a village of the landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt (His lands on the left bank of the Rhine were under French sovereignity). The landgrave lived in Strasbourg and inherited his Alsatian lands of the count of Hanau-Lichtenberg, another well known Lutheran Alsatian lord allied to France and Sweden during 30 years' war. Before 1689, the population of Rohrwiller was lutheran but was forcibly converted to catholicism (like in Seltz). The Catholic priests detroyed the Protestant records (like in Seltz).

According to the Revision List Date: 12 March 1816 Cherson Government, Tirasol Kreis, Kutschurgan Gebiet, Kandel Colony

Michael Schmidt DOB circa 1765 was 47 on the Date Arrived 20 July 1808 in Kandel according to the Revision List Date 12 March 1816 and 51 on this document in 1816

See attachment

DOD

and Spouse of Elisabetha or Brinden or Brinder or Brindel DOB circa 1775

Father of

Martin Schmidt circa 1804

Nicolaj Schmidt, Sr; DOB circa 1807 Kandel Kutschugan, Russia Death circa 1882 Spouse of Luisa Stroh And Elisabetha Stroh and Father of Nicklas Schmidt Jr and Bernhard Schmidt

Katharina Schaefer (Schmidt); circa 1812

Phillip Schmidt circa 1807 DOD 1815

Elisabetha Schmidt; circa 1809

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion