• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
Showing all 11 posts
8/31/2016 at 10:02 AM

Private User has contacted us with question as to why this profile is linked here.

Managers of Queen Mariamne (Hasmonean)
No where in any documents have I seen Herodes Philip as being the son of Marianne I (second wife of King Herod) and Herod the Great.
Where do you get this from?
Sincerely,
Nubian Queen

Henn Sarv I see this is a profile added by "Zeus" - who is no longer on the tree, and which you now manage. Help! :-)

Private User
8/31/2016 at 10:38 AM

It's all so difficult: pls. read the bible!

2. Herodes Antipas, de zoon van Herodes de Grote en Malthace, een Samaritaanse vrouw. Hij werd samen met zijn broer Archelaüs in Rome opgevoed. Herodes had in zijn testament Antipas tot zijn troonopvolger benoemd, maar op het laatste moment wijzigde hij zijn testament en stelde Archelaüs voor hem in de plaats. Antipas bestreed het testament ten overstaan van Caesar Augustus, die de aanspraak van Archelaüs weliswaar bevestigde, maar het koninkrijk verdeelde: Antipas werd tetrarch van Galilea en Perea. De benaming „tetrarch” (ofwel „viervorst”) betekent ’regeerder over een vierde’ van een provincie en had betrekking op een minder belangrijke districtsregeerder of vazalvorst. In de volksmond kan hij echter, evenals Archelaüs, koning genoemd zijn. — Mt 14:9; Mr 6:14, 22, 25-27.

Antipas trouwde met de dochter van de Arabische koning Aretas, die resideerde in Petra. Maar toen Antipas op een van zijn reizen naar Rome zijn halfbroer Herodes Filippus, de zoon van Herodes de Grote en Mariamne II (niet Filippus de tetrarch), bezocht, werd hij hartstochtelijk verliefd op de vrouw van Filippus, Herodias, die eerzuchtig op positie uit was. Hij nam haar mee naar Galilea en trouwde met haar. Van de dochter van Aretas liet hij zich scheiden en stuurde haar naar huis terug. Deze ongehoorde belediging lokte een oorlog uit. Aretas viel het gebied van Antipas binnen en bracht hem zulke zware verliezen toe dat hij aan de rand van de ondergang geraakte. Antipas werd gered doordat na zijn verzoek aan Rome om hulp Aretas een keizerlijk bevel kreeg de oorlog te staken.

Private User
8/31/2016 at 10:44 AM

Herod the Great Wives and children

Cleopatra of Jerusalem
son Philip the Tetrarch (Note. According to the historian Flavio Josefo)
son Herod
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_the_Great#Wives_and_children

Private User
8/31/2016 at 10:47 AM

Just set up Cleopatra of Jerusalem, King Herod 7th wife as the mother to Herodes Felipe

Private User
8/31/2016 at 10:49 AM

Andmerge this two.
Philip, Tetrarch of Judaea
Herodes Felipe

8/31/2016 at 11:43 AM

Thanks for the input. The issue is not what to do after the manager - a Curator - has seen this message. That's relatively straightforward :-) The point is to first alert the manager/s that there was a problem.

Private User
8/31/2016 at 12:56 PM

It partly seems like a classical different language naming problem, just use different names in the various language field and this kind of problems vanish, the other problems depends on people not bothering to seek facts before they add profiles and obviously just guess which parents they have if they encounter multiple choices, hard to do anything about without confronting them why they act like they do.

Private User
8/31/2016 at 3:12 PM

Sharon, to state the problem is allright!!
----
I've read a number of wikipedia in different languages and I most conclude that they are all different. Next you search on 'Antipater', "Herod Philippus" , 'Tetrarch' etc. you'll find all different versions of the thruth! That's why I hate wikipedia so much! It's a trap used by the majority of geni.com-users! It's all anonymous and you must hope it's right what's written.

9/4/2016 at 3:22 AM

I've deleted the profile.

Private User
10/20/2021 at 11:54 PM

Viva Cristo Rey!
Jesucristo Dios y Hombre verdadero
A
"María,concebido tu vientre del Espíritu Santo nacerá varón llamará Jesús"(Lucas I,Santa Biblia)Amén Aleluya
GENEALOGIA DE JESUS DE ABRAHAM HIJO DE DAVID"JOSE,ESPOSO DE MARIA LA MADRE DE JESUS,LLAMADO,CRISTO"(MATEO I)AMEN ALELUYA

Private User
10/20/2021 at 11:56 PM

Viva Cristo Rey!
Jesucristo Dios y Hombre verdadero
A
"María,concebido tu vientre del Espíritu Santo nacerá varón llamará Jesús"(Lucas I,Santa Biblia)Amén Aleluya
GENEALOGIA DE JESUS DE ABRAHAM HIJO DE DAVID"JOSE,ESPOSO DE MARIA LA MADRE DE JESUS,LLAMADO,CRISTO"(MATEO I)AMEN ALELUYA

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion