Can Y DNA I-CTS5966 and R-L51 be related

Started by Breya Warnstaff, IGG on Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts

My dad and his 4th cousins all go back to the same x great grandfather, but the Y-DNA haplogroups are different. Can they be this off? They are 4th cousins 1-2x removed, some have I-CTS5966 and the others R-L51.

Are they all direct paternal links? No maternal relationship?
Seems unlikely since the time estimate for that paternal haplogroup branch is something like 53,000 years ago.

Yes all 4 of them are paternal links only

The 5thGGR had 2 sons, and then the those sons had like 6 sons each, and so on.

My father is a R-L51, Could we be related? Prior to getting this designation he was R-M269 I believe.

maybe where is your DNA test at? I have it on 23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA and Gedmatch. I think here too,

I am a R-L51 on 23andME , and ftDNA has me as a R-M269. I show a fourth cousin on 23andMe that shows a paternal Haplogroup of R-CTS4188.

My first cousin (my mother's brother's son) is R-L51 on 23andme, ftDNA has him as R-M269, is on gedmatch. His paternal surname and my maternal surname is "Foster". My gedmatch kit # is M694349. My cousin's ftDNA shows him as "unmatched" to the others on the Foster ydna project. Could he have been adopted?

Cynthia Flores, My Father's brother Rex Donald Baker has a Haplogroup R-L51. We are probably related. My Grandfather was Gerald William Baker and his father was William Lewis Baker Sr. Crystal Sherman

My Father Wm S Henderson tested R-M269, It was the further snp testing that the R-L51 designation came back. So R-L51 is more specific.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion