Seeking Descendants of Yaakov David Lipschitz haCohen, Brest, Belarus

Started by Private User on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts

To Whom This May Concern, I am seeking to make contact with the Lipschitz family associated with a kit # 66763 on the FTDNA platform. I match this kit well enough to pursue additional investigation. I have tried to contact the email associated with the account and there is no response so I gather the email is dysfunctional. Please contact me if you are able to provide guidance. Appreciatively, Adam Cherson

Hi Adam - I have a Yaakov Lipschitz in my tree. I don't know much about him or if it's the same one you're looking for. I don't seem to be able to figure out how to search the above mentioned kit # on FTDNA, although I can share with you my kit #B387729 if you wish to look. I have a more extensive tree on Ancestry.com called "Borok Family Tree" (user name is DBM184). Would certainly love to connect!

Best,
~Donna Borok Moss

Hi Adam - just wanted to let you know that I am having my father do a Y-DNA test. Hopefully, that might bring us some answers.

Hello Donna,
Missed your earlier post, sorry. Needle in a haystack I suppose. I won't be able to locate your kit on FTDNA because you won't have a ydna result. I don't have an Ancestry subscription anymore. The important thing is: when you have your father's results plmk if he is in the J-M267 group. This is the group I am researching. #66763 on FTDNA is in the J-M267 group and is a direct descendant of R' Yakov David Lipschitz haCohen of Brest..
Keep Well,
Adam

Donna, I just realized you invited me to your tree over a year ago so I do have access. In looking at your Yakov Lipshitz, he appears to be a Yakok Moshe rather than a Yakov David. Anyhow, there is a Moss in the project at FTDNA so make sure you contact me about M267. Here is the Yakov David associated with #66763 on FTDNA: Yaakov David Lifschitz

Hi Adam - nice to hear from you! You were very helpful to me last year in helping me with my Lipschitz line. I have quite a few DNA matches to Yaakov David's ancestors, which leads me to believe I might have a connection to him somehow. I built out a branch of his tree on my Ancestry tree (but not connected yet since I don't know the connection). I will keep you posted when I get my father's Y-DNA results in.

Thanks and hope all's well!
~Donna

Hello Donna,
I can see that you have expanded the YD Lifschitz tree greatly. Well done! Here is an idea you may have already tried. Private who is on your tree and is the grandson of YD Lipschitz is I believe #66763 on FTDNA. He has done the FamilyFinder test, so if you have also made the FF test you could see how much matching you have with "A. Lifschitz" (that's how is name is on FTDNA). Please let me know how much matching you have an I can try to estimate the time to your common ancestor with Alex.
Appreciatively,
Adam

Hi Adam - I got my dad's Y-DNA results back. He tests for the Haplogroup R-M269. Dang....was hoping it was the J-M267 you were referring to.

Hello Donna,
Glad to hear you got some results. Your father's ydna of R-M269 doesn't affect the Lifschitz research in the slightest. You're still on track. The next steps described at the end of my email of 14 May 2021 still hold. BTW there's a slew of fascinating R-M269 research happening too.
Happy Dad's Day.
Adam

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion