Maria Elizabeth de Wet (Wolfaardt) Malan - Father of Maria Elizabeth de Wet (Wolfaardt) Malan

Showing all 21 posts

Please note that her Profile states that a Jacobus Johannes de Wit is her father. If you look at her Death Record under her Sources, it clearly states that her parents were Jacobus Francois de Wet and Maria Magdalena du Toit.

Thanks

4/3/2021 at 9:38 AM

Are we sure that her DN didn't just get her father's second name wrong?

4/3/2021 at 9:40 AM

Sharon-Ann Sheina Herr, (Hebrew name- Sheine / Sheina) I am a Messianic Jew (Christian) also says, Sharon, the link below must be disconnected as husband of Maria Magdalena du Toit de Wet, as this is NOT her husband and the father of Maria Elizabeth de Wet Wolfaardt, as her father is Jacobus Francois de Wet. As you will see from her Marie Elizabeth's Death Notice under her Sources, which I have also attached under the Sources of her mother Maria M du Toit de Wet.

https://www.geni.com/people/Jacobus-Johannes-de-Wit/600000001337294...

4/3/2021 at 9:55 AM

I think we need to find another doc to prove who Maria Magdalena du Toit de Wet married. Their daughter's DN could too easily have a misremembered second name for the father.

4/3/2021 at 10:08 AM

Of course the profile for Jacobus Johannes de Wit, b1c10 has him dying at 14, making it highly unlikely he was anyone's father.

Her Death Notice says Jacobus Francois de Wet, so I don't think that is a made up name.

4/3/2021 at 11:15 AM

But it's the name of her previously deceased father, whose second name could easily have been misremembered.

I think you're probably correct, but we need to find other docs (for her Mom's marriage perhaps?) to be sure.

I have found the Marriage Records for her mother, but it just states Jacobus de Wet and Maria Magdalena du Toit.

Will upload it under their sources.

I have found Jaconus de Wet's Baptism Records. It just says Jacobus.. de Wet

Will add to his Sources

Will add it under Maria Magdalena du Toit 's Sources, as the Jacobus Johannes de Wit is still showing as her husband.

4/4/2021 at 12:00 AM

I'm going to remove him, based on your deWet findings and the fact that he's also only 14 when he dies.

4/4/2021 at 12:14 AM

Here he is: Jacobus de Wet, b1c2d2

Well spotted Sharon.

Private User
4/4/2021 at 12:22 AM

Was she really married to her father-in-law as well ?

4/4/2021 at 12:28 AM

:-) Just busy disconnecting - lots of incomplete merges in this area could be done once deWit was removed - one of them was obviously connected to the wrong generation.

Private User
4/4/2021 at 12:51 AM

Changed similar with Sarel F Haasbroek took me 3 days !
Daughters as mothers married to grandfathers etc.

4/4/2021 at 1:00 AM

Thanks for doing that. It's important work.

Private User
4/4/2021 at 1:34 AM

Guess who taught me to do that ?

4/4/2021 at 3:05 AM

:-)

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion