Rabbi Mordechai Jaffe, Ba׳al "Halevushim" - Conflicts on parents of Mordechai Jaffe

Started by Randy Schoenberg on Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts
4/6/2021 at 5:44 PM

Is anyone able to resolve the parent conflicts?

Rabbi Mordechai Jaffe, Ba׳al "Halevushim"

Father is HaSar HaGaon Avraham ben Joseph Jaffe

Which mother is correct?

Golda Zingeser Joffe

Golda Zingeser Joffe

Private User
4/6/2021 at 7:14 PM

I didn't add any of them. Sandford D. Minkin, M.D. added Golda Zinger Joffe (Rapoport) on 10/31/2020 and Mordechai Naftalis added the other name Oct. 4, 2008. I would ask those two people.

Karen Bloom

4/6/2021 at 8:34 PM

Falka Chana jaffe was his wife. He was my 12th great grandfather. I checked my blood relations and there he was. I’ve gone back to the year 103 because i am related to two ginormous rabbinical dynasties. Then in another tome I go back to king David.when I get my DNA it comes in pages and pages. It really gets confusing because so many cousin’s married in arranged marriages. If I can help more, maybe we should do this on the phone. Golda? Is wrong.
Laurie

Private User
4/7/2021 at 5:02 PM

Hebrew Wikipedia says his father was: Rabbi Abraham Yaffe (Rabbi Abraham from Biham).
https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%D7%A8%D7%93%D7%9B%D7%99_%D7%99...

Wife's name not mentioned.

Private User
4/22/2021 at 5:30 PM

I've searched other sites. On MyHeritage.com HaSar HaGaon Avraham ben Joseph Jaffe Margulies there are many people who have several different names listed as his wife. However, a number of those names were born too late for the person to be married to HaSar HaGaon Avraham ben Joseph Jaffe Margulies. On FamilySearch I found Golda Zinger Rapoport listed as his wife. It also states that she was born Chana Singer. It think Zinger and Singer are close enough to be correct. https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LY6G-GDG
That is the best I can do. I did buy the Descendants of Mordechai Jaffe,
Baal Halevushim a PDF written by Chaim Shenhav, Ph.D in an attempt to find the name of HaSar HaGaon Avraham ben Joseph Jaffe Margulies' wife. Unfortunately, his wife is not mentioned and I can't figure out how to reach him.

4/23/2021 at 12:16 AM

Private User
I found information that my grandfather is probably his descendant and I am trying to figure out how.
Are the following names mentioned in the file? (It is possible that the relationship is through the women and not the men) :
Rabbi Yehuda Yechiel Leib WLADYSLAWSKI, A.B.D. khall&blashki

and
Hagaon Rabbi Isaac Zajdel, Zt"l(of lask&Ropczyce)
I thank you very much for your help

4/26/2021 at 2:00 AM

According to a hand-drawn tree of my husband's mother's descendants, Mordechai Jaffe also had a great grandson Mordechai. There's no wife listed for either Mordechai, but maybe one of the proposed wives was actually the wife of his great grandson by the same name?

5/8/2021 at 9:33 AM

Yoseph (Yossi) Rusinek found a source that says:

Mordechai, the Gaon (genius) author of "Levush" [Levush is a book of dressing code that serves as a source even today].
5) And Mordechai ben Moshe took a daughter of a learned Gaon Joel Singer as his wife.
6) R'Joel was forced to leave his country and his town because of false claim (plot, libel) and settled (put his tent) in Krakow. And his son-in-law Mordechai, young in years but old on Tora wisdom, went with him and was called there "Mordechai Singer" by name of his father-in-law, as was a custom then.
7) The wife of Moshe Jaffe, mother of Mordechai, is a sister of a learned Gaon Moshe Gershon Hacohen, who's' young brother is a father of "Shearit Yosef".
8) R'Moshe left his country and his homeland because of the hardships for Jews in Bohemia in general and in Prague specifically and came to Krakow, town of his wife's sister and of Mordechai his son.
8) There was a daughter to Moshe whom he gave (married) to Shmuel Sirkis of Lublin and she gave birth to Joel Sirkis the author of Ba"ch (abbreviation for "Bait Chadash – New House).
9) And there was a daughter of R'Joel named Chana whom he gave to R'Avraham son of the learned Gaon Naftali Hirtz from Tibata in Lvov, and he was called by the name "R'Avraham R'Hirtzkesh" (Shem ve-Shearit note 45).
10) Chana gave a birth to a daughter called Beyla/Bayla which became the wife of R'Joel Sirkis and that's why Ba"ch (Joel Sirkis) gave his son a name Shmuel Hirtz ABD Pinchow by the name of his father R'Shmuel and by the name of his in-law R'Hirtz.
11) The wife of R'Gershon Moshe Hacohen died and he took a daughter of R'Joel Singer as a wife and that's why Baal "Shaerit Josef" called him "stepfather".
12) R'Moshe Shtarch, head of Krakow Yeshiva, died and Mordechai Jaffe, called "Mordechai Singer" took his chair.
13) And he is the father of Klemenkash Jaffe family.Mordechai, the Gaon (genius) author of "Levush" [Levush is a book of dressing code that serves as a source even today].
5) And Mordechai ben Moshe took a daughter of a learned Gaon Joel Singer as his wife.
6) R'Joel was forced to leave his country and his town because of false claim (plot, libel) and settled (put his tent) in Krakow. And his son-in-law Mordechai, young in years but old on Tora wisdom, went with him and was called there "Mordechai Singer" by name of his father-in-law, as was a custom then.
7) The wife of Moshe Jaffe, mother of Mordechai, is a sister of a learned Gaon Moshe Gershon Hacohen, who's' young brother is a father of "Shearit Yosef".
8) R'Moshe left his country and his homeland because of the hardships for Jews in Bohemia in general and in Prague specifically and came to Krakow, town of his wife's sister and of Mordechai his son.
8) There was a daughter to Moshe whom he gave (married) to Shmuel Sirkis of Lublin and she gave birth to Joel Sirkis the author of Ba"ch (abbreviation for "Bait Chadash – New House).
9) And there was a daughter of R'Joel named Chana whom he gave to R'Avraham son of the learned Gaon Naftali Hirtz from Tibata in Lvov, and he was called by the name "R'Avraham R'Hirtzkesh" (Shem ve-Shearit note 45).
10) Chana gave a birth to a daughter called Beyla/Bayla which became the wife of R'Joel Sirkis and that's why Ba"ch (Joel Sirkis) gave his son a name Shmuel Hirtz ABD Pinchow by the name of his father R'Shmuel and by the name of his in-law R'Hirtz.
11) The wife of R'Gershon Moshe Hacohen died and he took a daughter of R'Joel Singer as a wife and that's why Baal "Shaerit Josef" called him "stepfather".
12) R'Moshe Shtarch, head of Krakow Yeshiva, died and Mordechai Jaffe, called "Mordechai Singer" took his chair.
13) And he is the father of Klemenkash Jaffe family.

5/8/2021 at 9:38 AM

See also Wachstein's notes on Rabbi Mordechai ben Moshe Jaffe Singer and

5/8/2021 at 9:40 AM

There may be some confusion with Rabbi Mordechai Jaffe, Ba׳al "Halevushim"

Private User
5/9/2021 at 5:40 AM

Randy Schoenberg what is Yoseph (Yossi) Rusinek's source? Which book or Sefer?

5/9/2021 at 8:10 AM

Is there other reliable source like "the unbroken chain"? Anybody can check it?

5/9/2021 at 10:12 AM

Is there a list of his descendants? My grandfather may be his descendant, and I'm interested in checking

5/10/2021 at 9:18 AM

The text I have translated appears on Geni and Randy wrote that he can't read it, so I have translated it. I now looked at another reference on Geni to the site deducted to the origins of Jaffe gamily http://seligman.org.il/joffe_origins.html and this site also states that father of Mordechai, author of "Levushim" was Moshe. Unfortunately I see no source regarding Avraham Jaffe

Private User
5/10/2021 at 10:24 AM

According to the JE Tree (https://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/8498-jaffe-joffe#anchor92) the father of HaLevushim was Abraham. The tree is also posted here: Rabbi Moshe ben Eliezer Jaffe, II, of Cracow

Private User
5/10/2021 at 10:33 AM

PS The source of the chart in JE is: Herman Rosenthal,
Chief of the Slavonic Department of the New York Public Library, New York City.

Private User
5/10/2021 at 11:27 AM
5/10/2021 at 12:08 PM

https://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=29139&st=&pgnum=1...
It appears on the profile of Mordehai, son of Moshe

Private User
5/10/2021 at 3:58 PM
Private User
5/11/2021 at 8:12 AM

I am guessing that Herman Rosenthal, the provider of the tree chart on JE is a descendant of the Kalonkes-Jaffe branch of the family (i.e. not the HaLevushim branch).

Geoffrey Sea
10/21/2021 at 5:42 PM

It's actually simple. Falka Singer was the wife of Mordecai ben Moshe. The name of Mordecai ben Avraham is unknown but was not Falka Singer. The birthdate of Mordecai ben Moshe was sometime between 1490 and 1520 -- I want to see documentation of a 1513 date. The birthdate of Mordecai ben Avraham is usually given as 1530 but sometimes as 1535. He definitely died in 1612.

Mordecai ben Moshe had two sons and possibly more children. Mordecai ben Avraham had five children -- two sons and three daughters, all names documented. Only one son, Peretz had documented children. The the other son, Aryeh Lieb had no known wife or children. The Geni profile on Aryeh Lieb is much corrupted and must be removed.

These two figures have been massively and intentionally confused by Ian Levine on all of his trees on all of the genealogy services. Levine combines the two Mordecais into a single person with some data from one and some data from the other. He gives the combined character ten children, including the seven known children they had between them, plus three fictional children that Levine has invented. Levine has done this to support his bogus claim that he himself is a descendant of Rashi and the Levush, since the Levush was definitely not a descendant of Rashi. There will be no sorting this out until Levine's fake profiles of these men and their families are removed.

10/21/2021 at 6:25 PM

Mr. Sea stop slandering Mr Levine unless you have total proof. We already proved you wrong with DNA on another one your your claims.

I have Falka Chana Riwka Kantor Singer born 1529 Prague, Czechoslovakia, died 161 Poznan, Wielkopolskie, Poland.

She is my 13th great grandmother.
Please stop the slander and work on solutions. We have the DNA on our side for my family.

10/21/2021 at 7:59 PM

Mr Sea has absolutely no relation to this tree. Please do not correspond with this person. All he wants is to get ahold of profiles and destroy them.

10/22/2021 at 7:19 AM

Mr. Sea we have asked you many times what is YOUR evidence that the profiles are not real ?
No documentation does not make a profile fake.
In addition the profiles you have questioned have been added by many different people and added to Geni.com all different years. Why hasn’t other people protested these profiles?
What is your motivation? Why do you keep slandering Mr. Levine when other people have posted the profiles?
In addition we have Cousins whose DNA match the profiles in question. Also stated above by Alex you have not provided any sources or solutions. Besides biologically if they were not real some of us would not have been born.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Geoffrey Sea
10/22/2021 at 1:59 PM

Mr. Lesnick and Mr. Golden: We have proof. Lots of people have the proof. You should concern yourselves with documenting the hundreds of fake profiles you have defended.

A part of the proof is Levine's intentional combination of Mordecai ben Avraham and Mordecai ben Moshe. What do you have to say about that combination? And by the way, I am a descendant of one of the Mordecais. Levine is a descendant of neither and I think that applies to both of you two. Why are you even commenting here?

Geoffrey Sea
10/22/2021 at 2:03 PM

I meant to say above that the name of Mordecai ben Avraham Joffe's WIFE is unknown. One thing Levine did, intentionally, was to transplant the name of Mordecai ben Moshe's wife onto Mordecai ben Avraham in order to create a false line to Rashi.

10/22/2021 at 2:12 PM

Mr Sea, you are descendant of nobody on this tree. You are not included on anybody's tree. You conduct yourself like a child having a temper tantrum. I can't prevent you for harassing people, but I make sure all profiles are left intact and not altered in any way. If you insist on being a big baby, then go right ahead. You are a bully and not welcome on any profiles that I co-manage or manage.

Geoffrey Sea
10/22/2021 at 2:36 PM

Mr. Golden, if Falka Singer was your ancestor then you aren't a descendent of the Levush and neither is Ian Levine, because Falka was the wife of the OTHER Mordecai. Are you saying the rabbis of Poland in the 16th century engaged in wife swapping? Exactly what are you claiming. You need to realize that Ian Levine just made this stuff up. He created fake people, fake lineages, and fake marriages. If hyour family tree relies on his tree in any way, then you have no idea who your ancestors were.

Geoffrey Sea
10/22/2021 at 3:06 PM

Get it straight, Mr. Lesnick, your trees are phony. Levine's trees are phony. Being on those phony trees is proof of nothing. You have no idea who any real descendants of these rabbis are because you only rely on Levine's phony trees.

10/22/2021 at 3:44 PM

I think its best if you leave this forum. No one will collaborate with you. You came on here and immediately burned every bridge there was. Now, people want nothing to do with you or your alleged family tree. I don't think any one here is willing to change a thing simply because of your attitude and threats. Im not sure where you are from, but in the real world, people do not come on to a new forum and scream threats and every single person they contact and expect to resolve anything or fix any errors. Simply screaming fake profile will accomplish nothing. Do you get that? Learn to get along and speak to people before doing anything else in life.

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion