Wiley Jones, Indian Woods - Do not confuse the SC Jones with the Indian Woods Jones.

Started by Private on Friday, May 28, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
Private
5/28/2021 at 12:53 PM

Lana Kaye Moore » Marsha Gail Veazey:
Hello, I am a descendant of Samuel Jones. Through a third or fourth cousin Scott Jones of Maryland who researched and wrote a Jones genealogy book several years ago, we understood that Samuel was a son of Stephen Jones who brought sons Samuel and perhaps a William to Charleston SC and then located in NC. My first cousin Timothy Jones of CA swears that his research leads to the fact that Quakers- Stephen, his wife, and Samuel left PA and went south to NC to settle. And, Now, you show a Wiley Jones Indian Woods.... which I don't understand at all. Can you please reply with more information on this man? Thank you very much, Lana Jones Moore, Ironton, OH lana.moore@roadrunner.com

Private User
5/29/2021 at 8:04 AM

The info i have they all from Va and nc

5/28/2022 at 3:55 PM

The info on this used to be

Wiley Jones /Indian Woods and Mary (Chandler) Jones

and his name has now been removed. Why?

5/28/2022 at 5:05 PM

Reverted change and locked names.

Perhaps there’s a pedigree or descendant dispute. It should not be resolved by “blanking” names, though. That’s vandalism.

5/29/2022 at 1:16 PM

Thanks, Erica.

5/29/2022 at 1:19 PM

of Indian Woods Reservation, not known as Indian Woods, I think.

5/29/2022 at 5:13 PM

https://thenorthcarolina100.com/history/2017/06/05/the-history-of-t...

Eastern North Carolina was once like the wild, wild west.

In the early 1700s, the Tuscarora Indians were divided into two factions: the Northern Tuscarora, led by Chief Tom Blunt, and the Southern Tuscarora, led by Chief Hancock. When the European settlers came, they stole land, brought disease and even enslaved people.

The Southern Tuscarora rebelled by launching the Tuscarora War. Settlers fought back and were aided by Indian enemies of Chief Hancock, including the Northern Tuscarora. Chief Hancock was defeated in Greene County.

For his help, Chief Blunt was given 53,000 acres near Bertie. This became Indian Woods.

5/29/2022 at 7:57 PM

Great info, Erica! Thanks for that lnk!

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion