Started by Private User on Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Private User
8/17/2021 at 6:19 AM

I am sssooo appalled by what I see in Geni about Thomas Green. I have proven through my Ancestry DNA test that he was the son of Jarvis Green who died in battle at Blue Lick, Kentucky in 1783. I have cousin DNA matches to prove it. So sad to see so much misinformation written about him. He likely was born in Tryon County, NC in 1770 since a 19 year old Jarvis was still living with his father George Green in that County when Thomas was conceived. This has all been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt through DNA matches with Jarvis Green’s descendants by his second wife, Sarah Griggs. Jarvis and his two brother mustered in to the Tyron County militia in 1777. Their sister, Nancy Green Armstrong, in trying to receive her dead husband’s pension signed an affidavit stating that she was the sister to the three Green brothers from Tryon. Geni needs to update the profiles on Thomas Green to reflect the hard and fast facts. He is not and never was related to anyone named Moor, Turley or Justice. George green’s first wife bore Jarvis Green before he and his first wife ever left England. George did not marry Mary Justice until he moved next door to Mary’s brother, Thomas Justice.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion