Col. Richard Hilton III - Parents

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

8/18/2021 at 2:16 PM

I did a merge on duplicate profiles for this Richard Hilton. They had the same wife and children. One didn't have any parents attached, but the merge of course attached the parents the other profile had.

The attached father was shows being born and died in New Hampshire and the mother was born and died in England..

I don't know the lines. I was tracing a DNA matching cousin on Ancestry who has this Richard Hiton and his with Martha 'Patsy' Meyers in her tree. I have some other Hilton kin, so I wanted to check the connections out, which is what led me to the discovery of the duplicate profiles. She has in her tree that the father of this Richard did die in New Hampshire, but was an immigrant from England:

Sir Richard William Hilton (Hylton)
B:1698 HYLTON CASTLE, County Durham, England

D:5 June, 1776 Newmarket, Rockingham County, Province of New Hampshire, Revolutionary America

and his wife as the Catherine Griffith connected here who was born and died in England. The father having been an immigrant from England would at least explain a wife who was from England and who died there. But how did father who died in New Hampshire and mother who died in England have a son born in Pennsylvania? It seems these connections need more research and validation.

Thanks for any clarification / corrections

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion