Martha Ainsworth (Baggett Ruffin) - Duplicate

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

9/30/2021 at 2:28 PM

This appears to be a duplicate profile for this Martha:

Martha (Ruffin) Ainsworth

I got a DNA match with a descendant on My Heritage and when I tried to add her to my Ancestry tree, some folks don't have parents for her husband but a few have his parents as Thomas P. Ainsworth and Sarah Finch, only they have her as Martha Finch. I've never seen anything to indicate Thomas P.'s wife was named Martha

Thomas P. and Sarah (Finch) Ainsworth were both born in SC and both died in Mississippi, but they do seem to have had some children born in Alabama, although most didn't stay in Alabama for the entirety of their lives.

This is the 'other' profile for this Martha's husband, which the About section notes indicate has already had some merges and discussed the inconsistency of who his name is variously listed:

William Thomas Ainsworth

All that said, there doesn't seem to be any consistency 'how' this Martha's husband connects back to Thomas P. Ainsworth and his wife or even what her name is. As I stated, I'd never before seen her listed as anything other than Sarah Finch, not Martha Finch. What I do know for certain is I'm a descendant of Thomas P. and Sarah (Finch) Ainsworth, so the only way I'm going to have Ainsworth DNA matches with descendants like I got on My Heritage from a descendant of this Martha and her husband William Ainsworth is if this William is also a descendant of Thomas P. and Sarah (Finch) Ainsworth.

I hope that info helps the profile managers attach the lines correctly.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion