MyHeritage Weirdness

Started by Fred Barton on Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
10/6/2021 at 2:06 AM

Lately, when I click on a Geni hint (the green things), the browser takes me to the generic MyHeritage homepage, rather than to the hints for that Geni profile. At the top of the MyHeritage page, it says "Integrated with..." followed by the icon for a broken link (a depiction of a page ripped in two halves.) I'm wondering if it should say "....Geni.com."

On the other hand, when the green link buttons correctly take me to the indicated hints, the top of the MyHeritage page also has the same "integrated with..." (with broken link icon.)

Has anyone else seen this behavior or know what it's about?

– Fred Barton

10/20/2021 at 6:30 AM

A while back, Geni was bought up by MyHeritage - so now, they are 'integrated'. What this means, for me, is that not only do many MyHeritage users 'integrate' my research (incl the profile image, easily recognizable), but then MyHeritage proudly annouces to me that I have a Smart Match there). Alternately, the itsy bit of a tree I once started in MyHeritage announces that it has found 'a whole new branch' for me on Geni - often one I created myself. In short, one must take all this with humor. The only really awful thing about MyHeritage is those tacky multicolored balloons it shows all the time to celebrate people's birthdays. :)

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion