Started by Private User on Thursday, October 21, 2021
Showing all 6 posts
Private User
10/21/2021 at 3:41 AM

We're currently showing two sets of parents for Wentjen Heyitje Dupuy:

1. Heyman Aldertse Roosa and Anna Margritje Roosa
  2. Captain Arie Heymans Roosa and Maria Everts Roosa

WikiTree says the following:

Weyntie was baptized on 4 June 1682. The baptism was recorded in the Reformed Dutch Church of Kingston, New York. There are two copies of her baptism record. The first one names her as the child of Ary Rosa and Weyntie Aendriaanz d'Jong and identifies the baptismal sponsors as Heyman Rosa and Margriet Claes Roosevelt. In the second copy of the record, the name Weyntie Aendriaanz d'Jong was crossed out and replaced with the name Maria Pels, and the name Margriet Claes Roosevelt was crossed out and replaced with the name Weyntie Aendriaanz d'Jong. The second copy appears to be correct, since Weyntie Aendriaanz d'Jong was the child's paternal grandmother. Weyntie apparently was named for this grandmother.

Do we have an opinion on the correct parents?

10/23/2021 at 2:55 PM

It seems reasonably clear that Mrs Dupuy was the daughter of Ary not Herman.

Question in my mind is how did this profile end up with two sets of parents? Did Herman also have a daughter named Weyntie how has been confused with Ary’s daughter in a bad merge?

Private User
10/23/2021 at 3:03 PM

Downstream zip merges do fun things. :)

4/30/2022 at 8:25 AM

From the evidence you give, I would go for correct parents as (2) ARY ROSA and MARIA PELS....
You certainly have my permission to clean up the record, for what that's worth :)
Shirley (Park) Pearson

Private User
4/30/2022 at 2:30 PM

I've updated the profile since no one else disputed. I've also added a curator note saying that she's a daughter of Arien Albertsen "Ary" Roosa and Marytjen Everte "Maria" Pels. Thanks for reminding me!

Private User
5/29/2022 at 2:36 PM

Thank you for the research and edit.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion