Margareth Fischbach (Lueck) - Sources for her first name, please?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Saturday, October 23, 2021
Showing all 6 posts
10/23/2021 at 12:50 PM

Are there sources for her first name, please?

Germanna shows TWO wives for Johann "The Elder" Fischbach and calls this one ____ Lueck, daughter of Peter Lueck.
Germanna Foundation DATABASE shows another wife named Margreth (Gretchen) _____

so unknown first name for wife Lueck and no known maiden name for wife Margreth Gretchen.

Barbara Price, A509195, any updates for this family group?

10/23/2021 at 2:33 PM

I think the two wives have been smushed together.

10/23/2021 at 2:50 PM

I think they've been smushed together, too! There are two wives of Johann Fischbach, the Elder, of Niederschelden, b. ca. 1565. We know that he was married to a daughter of Peter Lueck as Johann Fischbach lived in the home of his father in law, Peter Lueck.

Per Germanna Record No. 5:
Johann Fischbach and his first wife, _______Lueck, had at least 3 sons: Theiss (Matthias), Johann the Younger and Peter and one daughter, Catherine.

The first wife died prior to 1624 and he married Margreth (Gretchen), but we don't know her maiden name. Johann and Margreth/Gretchen had four children: Agnes, Jacob, Ebert and Johannes, all baptised at Siegen, which would have taken place at the Nikolai Church.

Barbara Price, Trustee/Genealogist
The Germanna Foundation

10/23/2021 at 3:23 PM

Erica Howton, when you have time, I have been working on some of the Germanna ancestor/descendant/colonist profiles. I run into them from time to time

10/23/2021 at 3:24 PM

These are locked fields and need a curator to fix

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion