Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
11/27/2021 at 10:42 AM

We have a lot of uncited, unexplained changes going on with Samuel Frazier/Choctaw By Marriage and his father Paris Frazier. Let's try to work through them.

For the first nine years of the profile's existence on Geni, we showed Samuel as Samuel Fraser Hickman, son of Paris Hickman. In a flurry of recent activity, Samuel has become Samuel Frazier, son of Paris Frazier.

The revision history for Paris is even more chaotic, showing at least three different sets of parents for Paris in the span of just a few days this week, none with supporting evidence provided. There were six additional "new" sets of parents back in 2018 as well, all on the same day -- four of them within two minutes.

What is the evidence for the current sets of biological and adoptive parents for Paris, and what is the evidence for the surname change for both men?

Please discuss before changing anything on the profile. We all need to be on the same page and working from the same info. Thanks.

Private User
11/27/2021 at 10:50 AM

Before I forget, I should add:

The list of GEDCOM sources for Samuel includes an entry from Ancestry's "England & Wales, Criminal Registers, 1791-1892" collection. Whichever tree this GECOM came from is therefore not a reliable one -- the manager is probably just approving anything that looks like a name match, without stopping for a moment to think about why a man in South Carolina or Oklahoma would be getting arrested in England or Wales in the 19th C. :)

Private User
11/27/2021 at 12:37 PM

Since I'm working on Tabitha (Hickman) Ward Heavener at the moment, I should note that her Choctaw enrollment card says that her father's surname was Hickman, not Frazier. It also lists her as 1/2 Choctaw.

Her 1900 U.S. Federal Census also says that both of her parents were born in Mississippi; those can certainly be wrong, but it's worth noting. We're showing South Carolina for Samuel. So another thing we need to firm up.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion