I need someone to un-merge a tree and delete a profile off of mine.

Started by Private User on Sunday, January 16, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
1/16/2022 at 2:47 PM

I need this person (Warren L. Woodall) and his entire tree erased and unmerged from mine. there is no connection. I tried to do it myself in several ways, but the system wont let me. Thanks.

1/16/2022 at 4:23 PM

That's a claimed profile. If they agreed to merge, only they can request to a curator to unmerge.

Private User
1/16/2022 at 4:25 PM

I also need him removed of any management he has of profiles on my tree. His messed up inaccurate tree is messing up mine.

Private User
1/16/2022 at 4:27 PM

But he is not related to anyone on my tree.his tree is half lies.

Private User
1/16/2022 at 4:31 PM

I took over management of the tree in an attempt to fix it since it has been inactive since 2010. Why is my tree being held hostage? I'm the one who started, created it, and maintained it.

Private User
1/16/2022 at 4:37 PM

He will never agree to unmerge because he is hostile to me. Cant you delete him totally from my tree? I put him in it in error, why am i not allowed to fix it? Why cant we unmerge when we arent even related? How is someone supposed to fix errors like that? are you guys okay with MASSIVE errors like that? Are you guys okay with people that lie about blood relations on a tree?

1/17/2022 at 7:30 AM

You seem to be addressing me as if I work for Geni. I do not. You've posted this discussion in the Public Discussions area. Geni staff rarely respond to posts here.

There is no my tree, or your tree on Geni. Only the Geni World Tree. Geni is a collaborative family tree site in which users work together to build a single copy of the World's collective family tree.

You complain of this other user as being hostile, yet you are coming off here as hostile to me. Someone who only tried to provide information to you.

If a user is purposefully removing, or deleting data in a malicious way, then that is against Geni user agreement and Customer Service will deal with it.

My suggestion? Start by asking if a Curator (again, not Geni staff, but a volunteer User with Geni granted elevated capabilities) to look into his actions. You can post such a request into this discussion: https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411

Private User
1/21/2022 at 4:47 AM

If I seemed to come off as hostile, that's your projection. I was only asking legitimate questions. I'm confused. I believed from the beginning that my tree was my own property. I've been a Geni member for over twelve years and never known otherwise. I did think you were from Geni. All this hassle with my tree has soured me with this website. The only question remains is that if I leave this site, once I download all my data that I had inputted, can I totally delete my (information) tree here? Thanks for your help.

Private User
1/21/2022 at 4:52 AM

I forgot to mention that the other person isn't deleting anything, they are rearranging (?) things. An example is saying a person is a relative of a bunch of other people when they are not, and messing with the blood/adoption designations.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion