Started by Private User on Thursday, January 20, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
Private User
1/20/2022 at 3:55 PM

Hey, folks --
looks like we have a lot of work to do merging in duplicates of her descendants and sharing the information we have on them.
I think you can find all the info I have on her in her Overview and her Timeline.
I frequently make use of the About Sections in either or both those Tabs

She is my first cousin twice removed.

Ilya (Eli) Blekheris -- you are connected thru a niece who married a Blecher who is your great uncle - and it is your Tree that is the newer one on Geni, that has one set of the duplicates. So hope I can rely on you for where the info on those profiles comes from.

Tsvika Gregory Blekher - you are her third great nephew, have started the merging, and may well have info about them.

Azriel Yitzhak asher Lebowitz -- you are also her third great nephew and currently active on Geni. Some of the info I entered on her overview came from your grandmother, as did the photo I uploaded (both in late fall 2020). So you also may have info, or at least interest.

Private User
1/20/2022 at 4:30 PM

You can see all the info I have found on ""Fradke Booz" and her husband "Tanchomas Aranovich" on the Overview and Timeline of her profile: Fradke Aranovich

She was added by Danielle, who is from the branch that went to South Africa. And that branch was in touch with the descendants of Basha / Batya Buss / Boaz
So I would like to leave the first name as she entered it, and put the other versions in "Also Known As"
I am torn as to whether "Buz" or "Booz" should go in the Birth Surname Field (with the other in "Also Known As")
Thoughts?

I have merged her with Frida (Buz) Aranovich who just had birth 1909, no other facts or info, and matching husband.
Her husband, Tanchomas, was born in or about 1912, so he would be about 100 if still alive -- I have had relatives live past that age.
Do any of you know for a fact that he is dead?

Private User
1/20/2022 at 5:03 PM

Pretty Please explain where you got the names Zofia and Borkher
for Sara Zofia (Buz) Borkhert = Sarah [unknown]
and her date of birth.

Private User
1/20/2022 at 5:07 PM

Shai Boaz is a Grandson of Basha / Batya Buss / Boaz
and at one point was an active Geni user.
When he added profiles for this family he entered the surname as Boaz.

Private User
1/20/2022 at 5:25 PM

For Basha / Batya's daughter Rivka - where does the info come for Birth: June 1916 in Kaunas, Kauno miesto savivaldybė, Kaunas County, Lithuania ?

1/21/2022 at 1:56 PM

Hello,

All my information is from two sources: Jewishgen and Yad Vashem. For Sara Zofia Buz (Borkhert) please see Jevishgen., Lithuanian Internal Pasport Database, surname Buzaite. I think this is the same Sara (unknown) In your Tree.

On the same page you can find Frida (not Fradke) Buzaite (Buz) - Aronovich. In my opinion Frida is more correct.

On the same page you can find Riva Buzaite (Buz), father Girsh, dob. 1916.

In Jewishgen Basha/Batya Buss/Boas is given as Base or Basia Buz. I think Basia is the right name. Her husband Girsh surname in yuor Tree is Booz. It means Basia's surname should be the same. Now you have inconsistency. The Tree is giving a message. And same inconsistency with Girsh father surname Buz. All the names should be the same.

And one more, Fruma and/or Sheine Wlofberg should be Fruma Sheina Wolfberg. In Yad Vashem reports different people provided different names. I think it's not a mistake. She just had two names.

Lois, if you have more questions, I'll be happy to answer. FYI: Jewishgen has a lot of information about surnames Buzas, Buzaite, Vulfberg, Vulfbergaite. Best regards.

Private User
1/21/2022 at 2:24 PM

--JewishGen -- LitvakSig -- Lithuania Births has
BUZ, Fradel -- Father: Girsh -- Father's Father: Leiba -- Mother: Basha -- Mother's Father: Itsyk Osher -- 25/Sept/1909 = 23 Tishri -- Shantsai / [Sanciai] / Kaunas / Kaunas -- Comments: "Father was Zhosel / [Zasliai] resident"
--
So - JewishGen has both Frida and Fradel for her - as Transliterations of the actual.

She is "Fradke" in the Family Tree included with "Boba's Story" "In memory of Ettel Dublin / 1903 - 1999" It also includes a tramscript of a tape-recording of Ettel telling about her life in Russia - and Ettel was a first cousin of Fradke / Fradel / Frida nee Buz.

Private User
1/21/2022 at 2:45 PM

Ilya (Eli) Blekheris - if you look on the Abouts in the Overviews and Timelines, you will see information I found in JewishGen - hopefully in a format that makes sense and allows people to find the original.
(As well as information from other places, depending on the Profile.)
Did you notice that?

I do not see any place on the Profiles I have looked at where you document where your information is coming from.
Is it there?

Private User
1/21/2022 at 4:06 PM

Does anyone know -in Internal Passports, when it says Kaunas for Place of Birth - is that the Town or the Guberniya or ?

1/21/2022 at 4:59 PM

I did not put my information anywhere. In the previous message I explained where I find my information. You could find and put in the wright place. My target was to find who reported in Yad Vashem about Sore Rivke Blecher (Vulfberg). It was Rivka Ben-Yehuda Bus. and Yitzkhak Vulfberg.

You asking about Kaunas. It's a town and at the same time it was a Guberniya.

1/21/2022 at 6:15 PM

Please see Jewishgen, LitvakSIG, Tax and Voters List, Borchertiene-Buzaite (Borchert-Buz), Sora, father Hirsh, d.o.b. 20 Sep-1913. She is the same as in Passports Database, I mentioned previously. In my opinion she is same as Sarah [unknown]. What do you think? Now Sarah [unknown] has two Husbands in the Tree - one of them (name unknown) Borkhert.

Private User
1/21/2022 at 7:08 PM

Eli -

1) Your sources SHOULD HAVE BEEN on the Profile to begin with. (Tho not putting it there is unfortunately quite common on Geni).

2) Having been asked where information came from, you SHOULD HAVE answered the question with the specific sources and details.
You entered the info, you are the one that is supposed to provide the source for that info!! Not say, oh, go look in such and such place.
Instead you said "All my information is from two sources: Jewishgen and Yad Vashem. For Sara Zofia Buz (Borkhert) please see Jevishgen., Lithuanian Internal Pasport Database," (That sort of rudeness is not common on Geni)

3) As everyone can see from your post above, it also was NOT THE CASE that the info on Sarah came from the set of records you referred me to originally -- it came from a combination of two records in two different databases on JewishGen

Private User
1/21/2022 at 7:30 PM

"In my opinion" "I think" is not a good enough reason for adding a Profile or making a connection or etc. on Geni.
On your own tree on MyHeritage or Ancestry or etc. - fine, do as you please.
This is not your own Tree, it is the World Tree.

Eli said "Fruma and/or Sheine Wlofberg should be Fruma Sheina Wolfberg. In Yad Vashem reports different people provided different names. I think it's not a mistake. She just had two names."
--No proof, just opinion.
It might be the same person, some using one name for her, some the other. Or the two names might be due to two different mothers.
I was thinking when I saw his version had "Fruma Sheina Wolfberg." that he had some family knowledge and/or had seen a record where both were used.
But no. He just jumped to a conclusion, and has provided no reason for rejecting the possibility of different mothers.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion