Started by Private User on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
Today at 7:48 AM

I am a direct descendant and prove my line back to John or Jonathan Fairchild, born in Morris County, New Jersey. Died in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. In most Geni family trees, as well as Ancestry and Family Search, the birthdate for this John is Feb. 9, 1753. His parents are listed as Abraham and Rachel Scribner Fairchild. However in recorded birth records of Connecticut, Church Abstracts, their son, John has a birthdate of 1764.

My question is where is everyone getting the birthdate of Feb. 9, 1753 and how is it proven. I have been researching this for months. I found where others as far back as the 1930's have the same question.

The profile on Geni is incorrect. Having obtained the Luzerne County will of John Fairchild, it lists only 5 children: Abram, Peter, John Jr., Solomon and Mary (Conrad Line).

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Deb Bollenbacher Reichard

Today at 8:52 AM

Can you copy and paste the profile here so that I can look into it?

Is the John Fairchild with the will the same profile you are trying to confirm?

Private User
Today at 9:41 AM

Private User is this the profile you're referring to? John Fairchild

It's always best to include the link, or start the discussion from their page, which will include the link to the profile. It was also notify the managers of the profile, which makes it more likely that they'll weigh in.

There is an old problem with this profile, which is why all of those children are there. I've asked for help in the Colonial help discussion, so let's see what it looks like after it's been revised.

Private User
Today at 10:05 AM

@John Fairchild I am not sure how to copy and paste the profile on here. I did the @ symbol and name. I went into his page but not sure how to go into discussion on there. I am such an amateur. Yes, I am sure the will I have from Luzerne County, Pennsylvania is the same John Fairchild. My research on his son Abram, son Peter and John Barney all follow this lineage. You can find the will on Ancestry.com. Pennsylvania, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993. Will date 14 Aug 1823 with same Probate Date.

Today at 10:11 AM

Seems the information was pulled from Wikitree and Find a Grave. They both have source links and or headstone photos.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Fairchild-727

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/20318181/john-fairchild

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion