Alice Josephine Hayes - Johns (Hayes) - Alice Josephine Hayes - Johns .... name Corrected .. Thanks

Started by Craig Newell on Sunday, May 29, 2022
Showing all 4 posts
5/29/2022 at 7:12 PM

Originally when , I was entering , names of Alices . brothers , sisters + Half brothers + sisters / from Second marriage.
* i entered One of the names , as a HAYES . instead of a JOHNS .. surname.
** I read what I had entered Was > Wrong Name. ... I went to ** Edit ** + Deleted first names + dates. BUT could not Delete > surname Hayes..
** Now >> NO NAME is ( left ) as * brother / sister . Half brother ... on Most other Profile Pages.
IF you can TOTALLY Delete > *NO Name ,, listing. please DO. thanks Craig Newell

Hi Craig Newell
Alfred Aubrey Johns can't be deleted because it has a spouse attached - Connie Johns

It appears to be a duplicate of Alfred Aubrey Johns who has the same spouse.

If you complete this merge https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000182152099963 then it should all be correct.

Also
All the names you are entering are all being entered in lower case rather than in proper casing. Could you please change them so that they have a capital first letter.

I have also noticed that instead of entering information into the fields for them that you are adding the information into the descriptions or the abouts - ie marriage dates and locations should go in the marriage date and marriage location rather than in the event description. If you could use the fields it would save a lot of work for others when the profiles are merged into other trees.

5/30/2022 at 5:29 AM

Hi Leanne , in responce to your email. I have Merged , NO name Profile , as you Suggested,
Thanks . I will go back thru Names , I have entered + change to start , Capital letters.
Other Names + Dates , I have entered in Timeline . * reason > Told of Names + Dates ,by family members, Had no Records to Confirm what had been told. * hope Someone like Yourself could find / Confirm , Details were Correct,and Enter were Should Be. Sorry if made Extra Work for you.

Reguarding BIRTHDATE of Walter Dalton. I was Looking for Birth Records , with no sucess.
later , I was looking at Ships records, <> mother was on . It had Convicts Names List. Catherine Mc Gilvrays ,name was on List. It also had Convicts > Records Section. I *opened Records + because I had Catherine Mc Gilvrays name * open . It came up with a picture of a Old Book / records of prisoners. The book page shown was ,on Catherine Mcgilvray.
** Book , was listed as > record book ,from BRICKFIELDS . Hiring Depot in . Newtown Tasmania....* brickfields Was described as > Accomodation for Women convicts , availiable for Hire to serve Their sentence.
On the *page > it has ( hard to read ) Places ,Catherine was Working at ??.
Brickfields , had a Nurserie to cater for Convicts children , to >allow Mothers to work.
** about halfway down the page * it has > Catherine Mcgilvray devlivered , A illigitamate Male child , date 26 nov 1857... * no name of child is Included , or Any name of Father.
** Brickfields , was Located in Newtown , + Sent Children onto > Queens School Orphanage, at Newtown. based on Date , Mothers Name + Illegitimate male child . I assume That was Walter ,* Dalton .. birth ??

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion