Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Source: https://familysearch.org/tree/#view=ancestor&person=KVLX-CRQ
    Geni member
Showing all 5 posts
Private User
6/26/2022 at 1:43 AM

I would like to see the documentation that proves that James had parents. I am the Grandson of photocopies of James and Sarah's bible (the family section) and no parents have ever been recorded.

My Great Uncle, Miller Baird McDonald was the county historian of Campbell and Scott county. He has spent many years and a lot of money researching this. He gave me most of his research before he passed away and told me that if anyone ever found parents for him to ask for clear source documentation.

So I am asking the lady who assigned parents to please post the proof. You don't know how much I really want this to be true so that the mystery is solved.

Thank you

Allen

Private User
6/26/2022 at 2:53 AM

I would love to compare notes with you Allen. James was my 6th great grandfather.
My line is Isabelle -> Horace -> Hiram -> William Grey -> James

6/26/2022 at 3:13 AM

Please contact Sharon Doubell the curator who is helping me with all lines- including Mcdonald and Potts. For this Mcdonald seems to be related to my dad's mom's side- the Potts- Dr Will Jr (G#- RY5777771)
You → Dr Wilton George McDonald, Sr
your father → Daphne Naomi Potts
his mother → George Potts
her father → George Potts
his father → Sarah Elizabeth Potts
his sister → Andrew Jackson Head
her husband → Richard Head, Jr.
his father → James Madison Head
his brother → Rebecca Head (Allen)
his wife → William H. Allen, Jr.
her father → Frances Allen
his mother → Mildred Owen
her sister → Rosannah Myhand
her daughter → James William Myhand
her husband → James Myhand
his father → Sarah Bryant
his wife → Margaret Rachel McDaniel
her sister → James McDonald
her son

Private User
6/26/2022 at 4:34 PM

I have no documentation that Dr. Wilton George McDonald Sr. was ever connected to the James McDonald of Scott County Tennessee. I have every newspaper clipping, and history passed down to my Uncle Miller B. McDonald from the family. James McDonald was not a very educated man but many of his sons were... at least all of them were literate and most held offices in Scott County tennessee.

I don't see ANY of those people in his files and they go back over 150 years in Campbell county and Scott County of Tennessee.

Private User
6/26/2022 at 4:36 PM

Again I please ask for DOcumentation... simp;y saying her husband .... her sister does not give documentation. Any Church Record, like the church trial from the quakers (friends) against Sarah Cox McDonald... or any government record like a tax roll or something would be appreciated.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion