Начала Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 вчера
Показаны все сообщения (3)
вчера в 4:16 после полудня

The About is for a different man
Look like father and son have been smushed

вчера в 4:48 после полудня

Pulled for clean up:

вчера в 4:48 после полудня

Birth: 1751 Frederick County Virginia, USA Death: Mar., 1792 Randolph County North Carolina, USA

John David YORK, Jr. married about 1771 Colonial Guilford (now Randolph) County, North Carolina. Perhaps some descendants of John David York, Sr. and Jr. settled in the Iredell, Stokes, Davidson and Rockingham Counties of northwestern North Carolina just below the Virginia stale line. while other descendants remained in Randolph County in central North Carolina for a portion of their lives before migrating elsewhere.

The eight children of John David YORK, Jr. and his wife Catherine Dunn are listed in his Randolph County, North Carolina will to be:

* 1. Margaret YORK, b. abt. 1772 NC; d. ?
* 2. Mary Ann YORK, b. abt 1774 NC; d. ?
* 3. Jacob YORK, b. abt 1776 NC; d. abt 1799 NC
* 4. Johnston "John" YORK, b. 1778; d. 1838 MO
* 5. Tamer YORK, b. 1780 NC; d. ?
* 6. John David York, III, b. 1782 NC; d. aft 1820 NC.
* 7. William YORK, b. 1784; d. 1811 NC
* 8. Charlotte, b. 1788 NC; d. ?

John David York, Jr. is believed to have migrated into central colonial North Carolina in the summer of 1755 with his father John York and the grandfather Jeremiah York I family escaping from the aftermath of the French and Indiana War with many other families most likely in a large wagon train.

NOTE: Please forgive me for previously posting misinformation regarding John York and Sarah Horner. There are two contemporary John York families that I have previously mixed in error by working too many long hours without proper sleep and research. The John York who married Sarah Horner on 16 Oct 1752 and died on 11 May 1758 in Baltimore County, Maryland is a descendant of the Baltimore York families of William York (born 1635 London, England – 23 Nov 1690 Baltimore County, Maryland).

Through extensive YDNA testing of over 100 York men over the last 15 years we know this Baltimore York family is not genetically connected to the Jeremiah York family of Terrapin Neck, Virginia and Randolph County, North Carolina. May I encourage anyone to correct the errors you may have posted and undo any inconvenience experienced that I have regretfully caused you and your research regarding John York and Sarah Horner?

Family links:
Parents:
John York (1731 - 1775)

Spouse:
Catherine Dunn York (1751 - 1832)*

Sibling:
John David York (1751 - 1792)
William York (1755 - 1839)*

*Calculated relationship

Note: Buried in an undiscovered Grave most likely in the Sandy Creek Community of Randolph County, North Carolina.

Burial: Unknown

Edit Virtual Cemetery info [?]

Maintained by: Dennis York Originally Created by: Tammy York Orman & Timot... Record added: Dec 20, 2012 Find A Grave Memorial# 102382994 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=102382994
--------------------
This John York, Jr. has previously been listed in error as the forth born child of ten children born to Jeremiah York I and his wife Sarah Wilson. This John York, Jr. is actually a grandson of Jeremiah York and his first marriage to Sarah Seymour. He is also known as John (David "Davie") YORK Sr.

My cousins Dr Ron York and Dr. Jim York have redirected me to consider the entry of "John York and Son" in the original hand written 1755 Tax List of Colonial Orange County, North Carolina. The printed book version of this 1755 Tax List omits the important "and son" which I had overlooked. It appears upon revisiting previous research for the 1755 Orange County Tax List that this John York is unique and separate from the other York's. This is more likely based on his age a grandson from a first marriage of Jeremiah York, not his second marriage. Researchers Jim York and Dr Ron York have led this important re-evaluation of how can there be two John York's "...John York and his son..." in the 1755 Orange County, North Carolina Tax list?" This now adds great support that this John York is a grandson from the proposed first marriage of Jeremiah York and Sarah Seymore.

Other researchers like Sltokars of Portage, Porter, Indiana, US http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/28946906/family propose this John York to be John William YORK, born 1730, death 11 MAY 1788 in (Surry County) not in Randolph County, North Carolina, USA. His wife is proposed to be Susannah Ellison, birth 1740, death 4 May 1795. More recent research including YDNA testing has shown that John [http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=172248413 William York] and his wife [http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=179764987 Susannah Ellison ] are not related genetically to the Jeremiah York family group; they are an entirely different family group.

This "John York and son" entry in the 1755 Tax list of colonial Orange County. North Carolina is very significant. It has allowed research "out of the box" to reveal previous undiscovered details of a first family of Jeremiah York. This has resulted with a reexamination of how would it be possible to have two John York's as father and son in the 1755 Tax List. If one assumes a male must be at least age 21 and own land to make an entry in the Orange County Tax List. That creates a birth mystery for both John York, Sr. and his son, "John York, Jr." to be age 21 by 1755. The math would indicate 1755-21-21= 1713 or earlier for the "son". So was there the older "John York, Sr." born in 1713 or earlier perhaps by 1708 in England?

Did this older "John York, Sr." perhaps marry by 1726 to 1731 in Chester County? This scenario is based upon Elizabeth York “marries out of unity” Quaker Minutes for the New Garden MM, Chester County, Pennsylvania. John York, Sr. not yet being age 21 perhaps explains why he was not listed in the Chester County Tax list. He may have being living with his father Jeremiah York at that time and migrated westward by 1730-1732 from Chester County.

Let us examine the possible scenario for John York, Sr., born 1708-1713 in England; being a son of Jeremiah York's by his first marriage to Sarah Seymour. If this John York, Sr. came to America with his father in 1717, it is reasonable to accept that he grew up in the second family of Jeremiah York as a half brother. It suggested that John York, Sr grew up with his half sisters and brothers of Jeremiah's second marriage. Therefore, it is good probability of an acceptable scenario for John York, Sr. and son, John York, Jr. are listed in the 1755 Orange County, North Carolina Tax List.

With this scenario it is now reasonable to conclude that John York, Sr. is most likely the individual listed with his son John York, Jr. in the 1755 Orange County, Tax List. There is no known documentation to support or disprove this theory and scenario. Otherwise the understanding of "John York and his son" in the 1755 Orange County, Tax List has not previously been comprehended. This Scenario was First Proposed to me in 1993 by the late Lois Hamilton, but I neglected to pursue it until 2017 when researchers and cousins Dr Ron York and Jim York presented the original hand written 1755 Orange County Tax List of "John York and son".

The important supporting evidence that the "and son" is "John York, Jr." is based upon two other facts that have challenged York researchers for many decades. There was a "Davie York" as a chain carrier in Frederick County, Virginia and a John York in the Randolph County, North Carolina 1892 will that give important keys.

UNDER REVIEW FOR FURTHER EDITS, 25 MARCH 2017

It appears Find A Grave Memorial# 175584899 is a duplicate of Find A Grave Memorial# 149388505 and should be merged.

It is suggested that John York, Sr.; AKA, John (David "Davie") YORK Sr whom may have married about 1749 in Terrapin Neck, Colonial Frederick County, Virginia (now Jefferson County, West Virginia). Perhaps some descendants of John David York, Sr. settled in the Iredell, Stokes, Davidson and Rockingham Counties of northwestern North Carolina just below the Virginia stale line. while other descendants remained in Randolph County in central North Carolina for a portion of their lives before migrating elsewhere.

The five children of John York, Sr.; AKA, John (David "Davie") YORK Sr.are believed to be:

1. John David York, II, b. 1751 VA; d. 1792 NC. (Per Will) 2. Amos York, b. 1754 VA; d. after 1785 3. Abigail York, b. 1756 NC; d. ? 4. William York, b. 1758 NC; d. 1839 IN.

This family is believed to have migrated into central colonial North Carolina in the summer of 1755 escaping from the aftermath of the French and Indiana War with many other families most likely in a large wagon train.

NOTE: Please forgive me for previously posting misinformation regarding John York and Sarah Horner which are not part of the Jeremiah York Family. There are two contemporary John York families that I have previously mixed in error by working too many long hours without proper sleep and research. The John York who married Sarah Horner on 16 Oct 1752 in Baltimore County, Maryland is a descendant of the Baltimore York families of William York (born 1635 London, England – 23 Nov 1690 Baltimore County, Maryland.

Through extensive YDNA testing of over 120 York men over the last 15 years we know this Baltimore York family is not genetically connected to the Jeremiah York family of Terrapin Neck, Virginia and Randolph County, North Carolina. May I encourage anyone to correct the errors you may have posted and undo any inconvenience experienced that I have regretfully caused you and your research regarding John York and Sarah Horner?
* Reference: [https://old.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=149388505 Find A Grave Memorial] - [http://www.geni.com/projects/SmartCopy/18783 SmartCopy]: ''Jul 18 2018, 2:53:22 UTC''

--------------------
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/175584899/john-david-york

This John York, Jr. (II) has previously been listed in error as the forth born child of ten or eleven children born to Jeremiah York I and his second wife Sarah Wilson. This John York, II is NOT a son but actually a grandson of Jeremiah York and his proposed first marriage to Sarah Seymour. He is more correctly known as John David "Davie" YORK II.

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении