Prof. Johannes Jacob Peter Batdorf - Received this in my inbox

Сегодня в 12:09 после полудня

I received this in my inbox. I have not been online lately and decided to post it here to possibly get more responses. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Managers of Prof. Johannes Jacob Peter Batdorf,

I am contacting you about this profile: Prof. Johannes Jacob Peter Batdorf
The updated Peter Batdorf was a poor palatine with different wives

NOTE: Previous research had suggested a different location for his village of origin (5221 Bettorf), but further research has led to the current view of HZ Jones as follows:
Research Notes
Excerpt from Even More Palatine Families. vol. 3 (2002), by HZ Jones and Lewis Bunker Rohrbach. The following is based largely on the research of Klaus Petry:[2]
Every Palatine descendant owes a great deal of gratitude to Klaus Petry for his diligent efforts in gathering added data on their 1709er ancestors. One of his most exciting discoveries was finally finding the important Battorff family overseas. His discovery is yet another reinforcement to family historians that we must always be open to all possible spelling variants of a surname. A few 18th century documents in America had spelled the Battorff surname as "Bardorf," and that is exactly the way Klaus eventually found the emigrants' surname recorded in Germany. I had thought that the Battorff's probably had their ancestral roots in the hamlet of Bettorf in the Lordship of Wildenburg: this area was near the home region of the Zöllers and Ohrendorffs, with sources in this geographic area. After exhaustively examining many sources in this geographic area, Klaus suggested that we turn 0ur attention to the Würzburg and Eisenach regions, where present-day Bardorfs reside. He eventually was led to 98617 Helmershausen in Thuringia, the church book of which begin in early 1559. After all these years of digging, we finally hit paydirt! Ms Karin Jeschke there extracted the following information:
16 May 1682. Peter Bardorf m Kunigunda Weygand. Peter and wife had children baptized at Helmershausen. 16 May 1682. Peter first married Kunigunda Weygand (b. 1662 in Helmershausen), and the couple had the following children baptized at Helmershausen:
• Infant daughter bpt. 2 Jan 1684. Sponsor was Caspar Völcken of Wohlmuthausen
• Johann Georg, bapt, 22 Jan 1686.
• Elisabetha, bpt. 10 Jun 1689, d. or bur. 2 Sept. 1689.
• Johann Caspar, bpt. 7 Aug 1690
• Johann George, bpt. 10 Jun 1693, d. or bur. 26 Jan 1694
• Johann Martin bpt. 8 Jan. 1695 (he carried on the surname in New York and Tulpehocken. Married Maria Elizabetha Walborn)
• Catharine Elisabetha, bpt. 17 Jan 1698. (she married Christian Wilhelm Walborn)
• Elisabetha, bpt. 10 Jun 1699.
It is probable then that Anna Battorfin, who headed the family in New York, was the second wife of Peter Bardorff/Battorf; perhaps she was a relative (sister?) of Johannes Zöllner/Zöller/Zeller, and that explains the closeness between the two families. Johannes Zeiier and his father shared living quarters with widow Anna Battorfin and her Step children Johann Martin Bardorf and his sister Catherine Elizabetha for several years,
NOTE: In 1717 Ulrich Simmendinger returned to Germany and published the names of families still living in 14 early NY settlements, 7 years after the Palatines arrived at NY and it listed Widow Anna Battorfin with 2 children, Johannes Zoller and wife Anna Catherine with 2 Children and His brother Hanss Henrich Zoller with (no name) wife with 3 children. This is important because this proves that Johannes did NOT married the widow, as many have posted at various genealogical websites Jim Baucom

Sincerely,

James E. Baucom Jr.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении