Levi Applegate

Начала Kris Applegate сегодня
Сегодня в 1:18 после полудня

Hoping to find more information about Levi D Applegate. Supposedly he was a son of Isaiah and Hannah Applegate; born around 1812 in Pennsylvania. Sometime prior to 1840. the Applegate's made their way to Harrison County, Indiana. I drove to the genealogy library in Harrison County and left with more questions than went in with. There's a book there in the library that lists the Applegate's beginning with Thomas Applegate. I anxiously flipped through the pages until I found Isaiah and Hannah. Unfortunately, there's no mention of Levi. And in Isaiah's will he only mentions sons Alfred and Andrew.

I found a Levi Applegate who married Nancy Graham on Feb 7, 1841. An LD Applegate in the 1840 census. A Levi Applegate in the 1850, 1860, and 1870 census. In 1880 Nancy is listed as a widow.

I searched old newspapers and found his name. The article said he drowned in 1870. However, I found the same article in 1871 printed in Indiana newspapers and even in a Montana newspaper. I continued scrolling and found the same article printed in 1921.

As far as Nancy, I have nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Best,
Kris

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении