Who was (Catharine?) Halijohn?

Начала Erica Howton сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Сегодня в 4:59 после полудня

Kathryn Forbes -

unknown Stiles wife of Benjamin H Stiles, Sr.

Showing as daughter of X Halijon & Nionne Ollie Oconastota Halijon

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Halijohn-1 Comments:

I I was informed 20 some years ago by two professional genealogists , (Leon Stiles, Pen Yan, NY, of "Stiles Family of America and Karla Nicholson) that Halijohn is most likely a myth. No documentation, to my knowledge (or theirs), has ever been presented to verify her existence. The possibility of John Sr. Stiles (b 1757) being connected to the Connecticut and or NY Stiles in H. Reed's publication is real but has yet to be proven. His parentage or siblings remain unknown per these researchers. Marjorie Wolf August 29, 2014

From https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/32243/what-name-daughter-cherokee-indi...

what is the name of daughter born to Cherokee Indian Halijohn and Benjamin Stiles? Cherokee Indian Halijohn born 1733 in Cherokee north Carolina married in January 9, 1794 in Lincoln , north Carolina to Benjamin stiles had a daughter an she died in 1792 in North Carolina at the age of 59 but i have no name for her if any one has any information let me know . A- I have a person in my line that fits your profile except for the year of marriage. I have 1750/or56 in Lincoln, No. Carolina to John Benjamin Stiles. She also died in 1792 in North Carolina. Her name is listed as Catherine Halijohn born 1733 Cherokee Indian Reservation, Cherokee, Swain, North Carolina. I have four sons listed for them. Her father is only listed on my search as Halijohn born abt 1700 Cherokee Nation Indian Territory, Cherokee North Carolina. I hope this is what you may be looking for.

Частный профиль Raised a query because of children attached who would have been born after her death, and then I saw “Nione Ollie.” So thought to clarify this first.

Thanks for any advice.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении