Начала Erica Howton сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Сегодня в 8:20 после полудня

Barry Wood Advises

Managers of Mary Ann Samuel,

I am contacting you about this profile: Mary Samuel wife of Anthony Samuel

The idea that Mary Ann Rogers, born about 1687, married Anthony Samuel and became was the mother of Mary Samuel who married my ancestor Cornelius Sale is patently nuts.

Geni shows Mary (Samuel) Sale's birth year as about 1674. I have no problem with that timing, considering that her husband was transacting business by the 1690s. But it would be FAR from possible for a woman born about 1687 to have had a daughter thirteen years before she (the mother) was born.

There is zero contemporaneous primary source support for the idea that Anthony Samuel's wife was Mary Ann Rogers. It's time to describe Anthony's wife simply as "Mary."

Sincerely,

There was a daughter of Giles Rogers, of Virginia & Rachel Rogers called Mary Ann Samuel

And according to source, she married a man called Roe Samuel

The source is:

Lineage of the Rogers family, England : embracing John Rogers the martyr, emigrant descendants to America and issue, pp 33-34 New York: Press of W.E. Rudge, c1911.

The children of Giles Rogers and Rachel Eastham are shown as: Giles, Lucy, Peter, John, Rachael, and Mary Ann. Spouses of the children are also identified.

And - “Giles Rogers daughter Mary Ann Rogers b abt 1687 married Roe Samuel or Samuel Roe.”

As shown at Lineage of the Rogers family, England : embracing John Rogers the martyr, emigrant descendants to America and issue, pp 33-34 New York: Press of W.E. Rudge, c1911.

The children of Giles Rogers and Rachel Eastham are shown as: Giles, Lucy, Peter, John, Rachael, and Mary Ann. Spouses of the children are also identified.

And - “Giles Rogers daughter Mary Ann Rogers b abt 1687 married Roe Samuel or Samuel Roe.”

As shown at https://www.familysearch.org/photos/artifacts/119989492?cid=mem_copy

I don’t know how reliable it is, it there doesn’t seem to be record evidence to support origins for this Mary.

If anyone knows differently, please advise.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении