• Частный профиль
    Geni Pro
  • Частный профиль
    Geni Pro

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (2)
Частный профиль
Сегодня в 6:27 после полудня

I was just reading the "About" section of the profile, and I was struck by how closely it dovetails with the R-FGC14628 haplogroup. The Ashkenazic Jewish members seem to have a common origin in the Rhineland, probably Speyer in the Middle Ages, quite possible the 13th or 14th centuries. Moving upstream at FGC14602 there is a Sephardic/Iberian connection that branches off into R-Y49084, and the Sephardic member has a name indicating an origin from Italy. And then upstream at FGC14628, there are three different lineages: (1) FGC14628* (a man from South America of Iberian descent); (2) R-FTB72081, two men of North African Muslim with the same family surname (separated at the Y-DNA level since the Middle Ages), and that family surname is of a family that converted to Islam from Judaism possibly during the Almohades caliphate; and (3) FGC14602 (Ashkenazic/Sephardic branch). While most of the men who are among the matches that I am aware of are Ashkenazic Jews (many with a Shapiro-variant name), I know of four men of either Spanish, Italian, or North African heritage who are matches at the Y-37 level or higher. So, like I said, it really does dovetail nicely with the oral history.

Частный профиль
Сегодня в 7:47 после полудня

I did search using your name and did not find any match. So if there is some connection must be earlier than 4000 years ago. It could be a parallel one with similar Middle Eastern - Italy - Spain - Rhineland path,.

Показаны все сообщения (2)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении