Peretz Avraham Lehrhaupt - Sprey “step children”

Начал Moshe Berman сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Сегодня в 5:44 до полудня

I think there is a mixup here, combining two men named Peretz Lehrhaupt. Here’s why:

1. Most glaringly, the birth dates of the children are interspersed. (A child from one mom is born, then a child of the second mom, then again the first, etc.) This implies polygamy, which, while possible, is unlikely. The family was poor, so there’s almost no way there was a second spouse to support.
2. Libe Sprey / Sprei and her children left continental Europe for England around 1900. (I have to find the manifest in my records.)
3. We have a fairly complete record set of the children of Peretz Lehrhaupt and Sarah Berman. There’s no mention of step siblings anywhere in tue record set.
4. Some of the Sprei/Lehrhaupt children bear names that match the progeny of Josef Lehrhaupt and Gittel Rifke, parents of Isaak, Mendel, and Berel. It’s more likely they would descend from those lines.

The facts before us don’t completely preclude an unexpected/unusual situation, but clues lean towards a different conclusion.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении